order doubling on items

slic535

when someone puts in an item it doubles or triples it. do you know what this is?  heres an example

x Double Action Switchblade Knife Tanto Blade Black sp05440pkt - Double-Action-Switchblade-Knife-Tanto-Blade-Black-sp0544pkt ($14.99) $14.99

1 x silver auto knife with sheath sb330s - silver-auto-knife-with-sheath-sb330s ($14.99) $14.99
1 x Double Action Switchblade Knife Tanto Blade Black sp05440pkt - Double-Action-Switchblade-Knife-Tanto-Blade-Black-sp0544pkt ($14.99) $14.99
1 x Double Action Switchblade Knife Tanto Blade Black sp05440pkt - Double-Action-Switchblade-Knife-Tanto-Blade-Black-sp0544pkt ($14.99) $14.99
1 x silver auto knife with sheath sb330s - silver-auto-knife-with-sheath-sb330s ($14.99) $14.99
1 x tomb raider otf knife silver button DA taiwan - tomb-raider-otf-knife-silver-button-DA-taiwan ($34.99)

I remember seeing this complaint before, but I don't remember where it was happening.

I just put the silver thing in the basket (only one item listed), then viewed the basket, and still only one item in the basket.

So, when you say, "when someone puts in an item," is this by clicking the BUY button? If so, from what page?

it does it mostly to someone who makes a big order. not sure if it has to do with the punctuation in the address they put that makes it happen or the checkout part. out of say 10 orders a day it will happen once or twice. you may have to try it a few times to make it do it and try with a large order. it adds everything right which is the strange part. it did it twice yesterday. the one I showed you up top is one of them and here is what it did to the other but this one is a small order so I am not sure. it has to be the coding somewhere. I have some duplicated files in my ftp that don't look like they should be there as double.

3 x - ($0.00) $0.00

1 x deluxe switchblade stiletto knife titanium stag a155fr - deluxe-switchblade-stiletto-knife-titanium-stag-a155fr ($15.99) $15.99
Subtotal:$15.99
Total Discount :$0.00
Shipping:$4.00
Total:$19.99

i have the items listed in more that one category so not sure which page they would've done it from. i do know that i only sell in the usa and turned off all outside languages. if someone say from Canada tries to buy it does it every time. before i upgraded to 5.2.2 it did the same thing. now i only know the end result i see after they have everything in the basket and have gone through checkout . not sure if it does it when you just add something. i think it messes up when they go through the check out part but i cant be for certain. when i just put stuff in the basket it doesn't do it for me. could it be a persons browser that may mess it up in the end?

This problem is too difficult to work through by having a conversation in the forums.

Please give some thought to having CubeCart Tech Support look into it.

If that is not a reasonable option for you, then send me a private message.

Hello, as the others have said this is not a known issue at all. Please can you send a tech support ticket and we will look at it for you. Crucially please can you let us know if any 3rd party code customisations, modifications or skins have been used. Please also make sure that the store is operating the latest version.

Thanks.

Think I've seen that before as well, and from the pattern, I think it might be similar to what I saw.

if I recall, it was an odd situation where a loop either not closing off correctly, or somehow writing into itself more data to loop through.. didn't show up for single product purchases, but when they were buying more than one, it was looping through and displaying product A, then product B then A again, then C and B and A and so forth.

That said, having looked at the files, I'm very sure it wasn't a CC5 this was happening on, so not much help there unfortunately

Hi All, I was struggling with this one but then remembered about the "line hash" added to basket items since stock on options was introduced. Looking at the database I can see that it is at version 5.1.0 whilst the code is 5.2.2!

The solution here is to take a full backup and upgrade to 5.2.4 CRUCIALLY running the setup script which will bring the database up to be inline with the code! This will resolve this issue. 

Please note that it doesn't matter that the current code base is 5.2.2 for the upgrade to be successful. After uploading 5.2.4 and running the setup script it will use the CubeCart_hostort table to determine where to upgrade from. 

CubeCart v5 Upgrade Instructions