Can't sort stock

JoshuaH

I think the decision was made to not try to sort on stock because, if I recall, the stock column is now somewhat misleading.

For each product, there now exists a stock level for every combination of product options -- small red, large white, etc. But there is no facility (yet) to show these various stock levels in the main Product List.

Summing all the individual stock levels to a grand total for the product would be very misleading if your intent is to sort for the purpose of identifying projected stock shortages.

On the other hand, if you don't use the Options Matrix, then having a sortable stock level column would be convenient.

There is a conversation on these forums that solves the stock level sorting issue. If you don't find it first, I'll get back and post where it is shortly.

bsmithers is correct however you shouldn't need to make any code changes or fixes. There are no known issues here. It's not possible to sort on this column anymore due to the deep complexity of stock at top level or option matrix level. 

So long as your stock warning levels are set to the level you want globally and/or per product you will see a list of products with low stock level on the dashboard of your store as you login. This is much better then filtering the main product list.

I chose not to use the Option Matrix system, because the stock level system did not allow me to use a decision tree on the product listing I wanted for a mod. Anyway, I won't find the Matrix useful until the day comes that the various options show up in the product listing as separate entities - after all they DO have unique product codes - perhaps as an indent beneath the product name?