Shipping Module problems

Phase2

Out of shear frustration  I wrote to CC about the shipping cost problems I have with CC5.

Here is the letter I sent and the reply.

It may answer a lot of questions to do with setting up shipping costs .

To CC,

The CC5 shipping method is a deal breaker, its a  nightmare of confusion.

What's this weight nonsense.

All that is needed per item listed is a box saying shipping cost, Is that so hard?

I now use  CC3 and the shipping  works well.

Will have to look for another cart that has shipping available for each product listed.

Nothing complicated, just simply put shipping cost in a box.

Thank  you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Reply from CC.

{CONFIDENTIAL EMAIL CONTENT REMOVED}

--------------------------------------------------

Well looks like in near future the old simple shipping box will be back.

Thanks 

It's amazing how outraged people can get over a feature they assume to be high in demand. I can see how in some cases this would be useful but genuinely its not a feature I recall being requested before or often.

I'm sorry we can't always tick all boxes for everyone.

The CC5 shipping method is a deal breaker, its a  nightmare of confusion.

What's this weight nonsense.

There are a large number of different ways of charging for shipping which covers the ways that most people want to charge for shipping and the "All in One Shipping" plugin covers a huge range although not per item shipping costs. However, for a large number of people, shipping by weight is not nonsense as that is how most shipping companies / organisations actually charge them

All that is needed per item listed is a box saying shipping cost, Is that so hard?

I now use  CC3 and the shipping  works well.

Will have to look for another cart that has shipping available for each product listed.

I dont believe that shipping per item was a standard part of CC3 either so you are probably using a mod that you purchased but I also see that a temporary workaround has been given which you can use while the shipping per product method is developed as a standard part of the product

Thanks

Ian

It's amazing how outraged people can get over a feature they assume to be high in demand. I can see how in some cases this would be useful but genuinely its not a feature I recall being requested before or often.

I'm sorry we can't always tick all boxes for everyone.

Unfortunately, very true and to say things like "Out of shear frustration I wrote to CC about the shipping cost problems" and "The CC5 shipping method is a deal breaker, its a nightmare of confusion" is just odd !

The tickets that come with a CubeCart licence and access to forums like this, can be used for asking questions about functionality but over-reacting as appears to have happened here, is not a way to get support from anyone

A shipping charge per product does not make sense for many people at all (if any) so that is probably a good reason why it has never been included as standard before

Thanks

Ian

Im sorry if I got a little frustrated, I have a jewelry and gift  store with CC and my problem is as follows,

I have a huge amount of product that we offer.

I want to upgrade to CC5 but  have the following problem,

I do not ship by weight.

when loading product this is my problem :-

Mens  diamond ring $500 ship free.

Mens diamond ring $30 , shipping $6.95.

mens diamond ring   $150  shipping $6.95

Snow skis, $50 shipping $23.95

snow ski $600 ship free,

( they weigh the same.)

It would be nice to be able to  add shipping each time I add a product.

Sorry again for my attitude, not called for and not needed 

Tony

"I do not ship by weight."

May we ask, then by what do you ship?

$6.95 seems reasonable for a diamond ring (light weight and a smidgen of insurance). $23.95 seems reasonable for an odd-sized container.

But for the free-shipping part - that's not by weight. Free shipping above a certain cost could be according to your business model of absorbing the actual shipping cost (by weight) because you have sufficient profit margin.

That said, a per-product "Free-shipping above $x.xx" fits your model.