Problems cutting and pasting text into a new product description

The_4wd_Zone

Hi all,

I've just installed 5.2.16 and I've set up most things and I'm in the process of adding new products to the shop.

Alot of the items im selling share common aspects with a few differences so its much quicker to cut and paste text and modify a few lines than type it out all the time as you can all imagine.

For some reason I am unable to cut from one product to another. I have also tried pasting in word and using the cut and paste from word function but that wont work either. The small dialog box comes up requesting permission to access the clipboard and I allow access but I still cant get anything to paste into the text box.

Is this a cubecart thing or a problem with windows. Im running windows 8 and have tried in internet explorer and google chrome.

I have cut/pasted from one Description box into another Description box plenty of times. (But not with CC5216, specifically.)

So I will have to conclude it could be a setting in your browsers.

Please try a friend's computer who has Windows XP or Windows 7 and Firefox.

I have not seen any code in CubeCart that throws the error wanting permission to access the clipboard.

An Internet search on access clipboard permission gives some links to discussions about the issue.

Which made me realize that the rich text editor, CKEditor, shows the javascript-powered Description text edit window, and I have not explored that code.

Alot of the items im selling share common aspects with a few differences so its much quicker to cut and paste text and modify a few lines than type it out all the time as you can all imagine.

One quick sidenote to this and one that affects a lot of stores that sell a range of very similar items, copying and pasting product descriptions or any other text to multiple pages is likely to be penalised by Google for duplicate content. However, finding a different way to describe your twentieth similar product in a completely different way is difficult and the reason the rankings of so many stores (and therefore their sales) have dropped a lot over the last 12 to 18 months.

Using product options if at all possible prevents this and also improves the user experience so should always be used if at all possible. After that, there are a range of things that can be done to help

Ian