Check Out prices change

rnrewebsite

This just started a couple days ago...you fill your cart, the grand total shows tax/shipping cost/ product cost everything looks good so you click Check out, (I'm using just the PayPal button, not the PayPal_Pro that uses the api...but i was using it and when I did checked out PayPal wants to add a shipping cost ) when I reach the PayPal site the total cost has changed, and that cost now reflex on the Order form back on the store,...

I have attached 3 snap shots the 1st one is my shooping cart, the second is after I checked out and reached Paypal, the third is my order sitting in the Admin Panel.

again all was working fine ..I might add that I do have other CC Stores and they work fine,, if you check out with $150.00 you pay $150.00 at paypal.

Guess your right eh..lol CC5 and yes they are logged in and address is known. I have a couple of us working on it, 1 being paypal and their getting the same they cliam it's the store doing it, but I'm not convinced yet as I'm thinking once you click Check Out the stores work is done and Paypal picks you up.

It looks like the PayPal module is sending:

* theTotal (85.87 including tax of 9.88)

* the Tax (9.88)

======= 95.75

I don't know enough about the PayPal modules to know if that is the actual data being sent, or if PayPal themselves are adding internally a calculated tax, or what's going on.

you can see here

It looks like the PayPal module is sending:

* theTotal (85.87 including tax of 9.88)

* the Tax (9.88)

======= 95.75

I don't know enough about the PayPal modules to know if that is the actual data being sent, or if PayPal themselves are adding internally a calculated tax, or what's going on.

Hi Brain,, the Grand total is right though if you add it up..if the taxs is being add after check out then it's being added twice?

If you have more than one payment gateway enabled, the customer is presented with a list to choose from. If only one payment gateway is enabled, the step where the customer chooses is bypassed and the customer's experience is as if PayPal was chosen from the list and the Continue button clicked.

So, CubeCart's PayPal module must be adding in the tax twice -- somehow -- and sending that to PayPal.

I did have the PayPal_Pro set up where you use the api user name n password and this is what I got when I ran threw with a customers order.. So I changed it to the PayPal provided where I just add a PP email address.

Up until the 18th everything was running smooth..as I said I do have a couple other CC5 stores and they are working without any troubles

So, the question that needs answering is: what's different about the three stores?

Do each use the same PayPal module/method of payment?

Do each have the same currency, tax on billing/delivery address, tax included in prices, and other settings?

Do each transact the customer with the same merchant PayPal account?

So, the question that needs answering is: what's different about the three stores?

All 3 stores where and are set up the same.

Do each use the same PayPal module/method of payment?

Yes all have the same payPal mod

Do each have the same currency, tax on billing/delivery address, tax included in prices, and other settings?

Yes all settings are the same on the stores

Do each transact the customer with the same merchant PayPal account?

No they have different Merchant PayPal Accounts..so the store that is acting up I set up a new PayPal account and got the same reaction, I called PayPal they seem to think that the store is still picking up the first PayPal account settings.. so the only thing I could think of is the PayPal_Pro mod where you add the API and IPN so I removed it from the folder.

Looking through the code of the stock PayPal gateway module, I do not find anything strange where it might be adding anything to the Grand Total before sending it off to PayPal.

So, either the tax amount is being erroneously added in after the cart has made its final calculations and before contacting PayPal, or something in those several PayPal merchant accounts is getting crosswired with each other.

Do any of the three stores share a database? PayPal settings are in the database.

Looking through the code of the stock PayPal gateway module, I do not find anything strange where it might be adding anything to the Grand Total before sending it off to PayPal.

So, either the tax amount is being erroneously added in after the cart has made its final calculations and before contacting PayPal, or something in those several PayPal merchant accounts is getting crosswired with each other.

Do any of the three stores share a database? PayPal settings are in the database.

Yes the basket is grand totalling the amount.. then when you check out.. the store is adding the tax again, if I disable the tax and leave the rest at the Paypal gate the amount is right,, if my grand total is $86.00 I pay $86.00 at PP but no tax..if I set it to $2.00 tax..I pay $4.00 at PP lol the stores are on different data bases

So I installed a new store in a new folder and added a product to it..set the tax, shipping,pay gate up the same and went threw the CHeck out..and got to Paypal with the same amount as my Grand Totl, no added tax ..man I don't want to have to transfer everything to a new store..All the settings are the same in both (all the) stores.. the 2 im working with are using the same PayPal account.

So the difference that has been narrowed down:

* from the PayPal merchant account or the CubeCart codebase

* to just the codebase

In the file /includes/global.inc.php, you might try to use the same database access parameters as the "malfunctioning" store.

If the malfunction shows up in this new installation, then we know the problem is in a setting in the database.

If the malfunction does not show up, stay with the new installation, but copy over all the images and logos.

I'm suggesting this because the effort to FTP download the codebase of the malfunctioning store and compare it to a untouched package may be more than you are willing to do when all you need and want is a non-malfunctioning store.

The 'f' indicates that some sort of a 'fixed-price' discount may have been applied to the order. I think the order has a discount available in some fashion. Looking in that record's 'discount' column will show if a discount was taken, or if zero, perhaps did not meet all the requirements or did not actually use it.