V6 - Mican Skin

Hi,

Just testing V6.0.0b6 and I like the new admin layout, it's very clean. I have an existing client with the Mican skin which has been modified and I would like to keep it for him. So I downloaded the Mican skin and put it in the skins folder. It now shows up in the list of available skins but it isn't saved when I select it.

Any ideas - I know I'm probably missing something obvious but what?

Also, I paid for V5 and copyright removal, can I remove the copyright notice in V6?

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim,

Any ideas - I know I'm probably missing something obvious but what?

Try clearing the cache in the maintenance section. It should show and save ok in the layout section of the stores settings. 

Also, I paid for V5 and copyright removal, can I remove the copyright notice in V6?

Yes indeed you can. Just take out the HTML you want.

As usual - you guys do know your stuff!

Now upgraded to 6.0.ob6 and got everything exactly right.

I wonder if this version is safe to trust to a live shop? I hope so because I can see that it is much faster to load pages on the storefront and on the admin side, it's much quicker to add new products and so on.

Just one little quibble/suggestion - would it be possible to add a 'Confirm Delete' in the product options? I managed to delete somethng by accident - not a great 'pita' but...!

Thanks guys - I have no problem with CC having changed to Open Source even though I have paid (on behalf of customers) for the full version and copyright removal. Good luck, I hope you can still make a living from it. I have certainly done very well with it. Now I am supposed to be retired (I am 68) and revovering from Thyroid Cancer, I won't be doing as much as I did but I still enjoy the odd couple of hours finding my way round php and css.

Tim

Hi Tim, I hope the recovery is going well. It sounds like you have been though a lot. 

Thanks for the suggestion about product options. I agree it should have a confirmation on it. I'll raise an issue about that so we get it fixed in a future release. 

.. we are days away from Final so you can upgrade to that very soon.