CCv6.05 Product Page URL has #fndtn-product_info

Syler

Hi guys,

I have upgraded to v6.05 and notice that the store product page URL has #fndtn-product_info at the end, right after the .html
So it looks like this www.mywebsite.com/myproduct.html#fndtn-product_info

Is this a bug? Will this be an issue SEO wise?

The syntax of a URL includes an "extra" part that starts with a '#' symbol. This part of the URL points to a specific spot (an anchor) on the page, typically the name of a tab.

You will see this all the time in the admin screens as you move from tab to tab.

I think you should not see the 'extra' part of the URL when you first get to the page, but after you click on any of the other tabs (in Foundation or a mod of the other skins) then back to Product Information.

Each time when I first click on the page, I can see that the URL is correct just before the page is loaded.
But as soon as the page is finished loaded, the URL instantly include the .html#fndtn-product_info before I even click anything.
I have tried what you mentioned about the tab thing and yes, it change to .html#fndtn-product_spec when I click on the 'Product Specification' tab.

"this shows up straight away"

Quite right. (I never actually paid any attention to it.)

The instant addition of the 'extra' part seems to be caused by the javascript doing its thing just after pageReady. It must be something specific to Foundation because I see no reference to it in 2.cubecart.js.

In my uneducated opinion, search engines will ignore this part of a URL.

I may have spoken too soon, although it's not the specs or description showing up on a Google "duplicate" warning.

How in the world did Google get hold of THIS url????

dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog/the-petting-zoo-its-a-boy-9in-seated-boy-baby-doll-belly-button-rattle.html?review=write

New GitHub fix apparently takes the #blahblah part off the html - at least that's what it did for me.

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/commit/9e2703750c07b6e0190a2d7b9c968f5eaf0b256a

For the first time since v6, I can now use AddThis to SHARE a product listing on my Facebook store page and actually have the product image show!!!!