[Resolved] Foundation 6.0.5 Randomize products

I know it's already been solved sometime in the past, but the Search on here is not cooperating.

So, I am again trying to adapt an old mod to 6.0.5 Foundation.

This is a Homepage Sales Items mod. It's working and now on plushcatalog. It does seem to randomize the products when I re-open the browser, although I can't find any code that appears to be controlling the random function.

But I had hoped it would show different sales items each time the customer returned to the homepage during the same browser session. Maybe it never did that. I haven't used it for some time now, so my memory is foggy.

Is this something Foundation can do? I couldn't find anything about randomizing on zurb.com.

No, it's an older one I've had for some time. I wish it had been SemperFi's. He's always very quick to respond and give help with his mods and plugins.

I had the Fusion version working on an early v5, and then had problems upgrading. But yesterday I was able to get it to work with Foundation. The more I try, the more I can do - it's just slow going with lots of crashes while I figure stuff out the hard way. LOL

"But yesterday I was able to get it to work with Foundation."

So, it's a done deal?

"I had hoped it would show different sales items each time the customer returned to the homepage during the same browser session."

You can get Smarty to (sort of) randomize an array and only show the first X items (limits exactly like the mini-basket).

But there is no legitimate randomizing function in Foundation - it's just a skin.

• 10 months later...

I'm going to re-visit this for v6. I have the old Homepage Sale Items mod working OK on 6.0.11, but I would like it to randomize the display.

You can get Smarty to (sort of) randomize an array and only show the first X items (limits exactly like the mini-basket).

Could you elaborate on this, @bsmither ?