Resolved - How to translate my store

KarenRome

Hello everybody:)

Is there anybody to be so kind and explain me (very dummy) step by step on which files I have to work, and in which way, to translate my store in italien?

Thank you very much in advance!!

Edited by Dirty Butter

Are you on 6.0.5? If so, the first thing to do is to install the Italian Language Pack from the Extension Marketplace.

Should have checked first. There is no language pack for Italian.

Sorry, I have no idea how to do it. :(

Edited by Dirty Butter

Thank you Dirty Butter & bsmither!! :-)

bsmither, I did translate some phrase4s inside the definitions.xml but online I still have got the english words instead of italien. Could you please let me know what changes I have to perform on the en-GB.xml ?

Or do I have to create a new file named it-IT.xml ?

Thank you

Edited by KarenRome

Please create new it-IT.xml and email_it-IT.xml files using the existing language files as a template for the format.

You do not have to make it all in one go -- if any key is missing from it-IT.xml, the corresponding key will be taken from the definitions.xml file. Of course, that means there will be a mix of Italian and English which will go more and more Italian as you add more and more keys to the it-IT.xml file.

Please create new it-IT.xml and email_it-IT.xml files using the existing language files as a template for the format.

You do not have to make it all in one go -- if any key is missing from it-IT.xml, the corresponding key will be taken from the definitions.xml file. Of course, that means there will be a mix of Italian and English which will go more and more Italian as you add more and more keys to the it-IT.xml file.

​Thank you so much for your help bsmither!! :-)
This works perfectly now.