Resolved - Copy data from one column to another in same table?

Dirty Butter

I tried   UPDATE `CubeCart_inventory` SET description_short=seo_meta_description  but it did not work.

I use long detailed descriptions on our estates collectibles, but I already have a fairly short meta description. I would like to copy the meta description to the short description. I'll still want to do some editing to short, but it will be easier if I have a starting point with the meta description.

I am going to assume that in SQL, anything following an equals sign could be interpreted as a string literal. If that is plausible, then I would suggest a query where the column names are enclosed in backticks.

UPDATE `CubeCart_inventory` SET `description_short` = `seo_meta_description`

Knowing that you probably have dome something similar in the past, I would think the "limiter" flag is not enabled for this database engine. The limiter flag says, "Do not do anything that would affect every record in the table without a where clause." If this database engine limiter flag is enabled, then you must add: WHERE 1=1 to the query.

One of the uses I had hoped to put the description_short to was in the Google_Base feed, so I used description_short in the array in the admin.product.import.format.php hooks file of the module. BUT it does not work properly!

$header_fields = array('id', 'product_type', 'google_product_category', 'link', 'title', 'description', 'image_link', 'price', 'condition', 'shipping_weight', 'upc', 'ean', 'jan', 'isbn', 'availability', 'brand', 'gtin', 'mpn', 'identifier_exists');
	$fields  = array('product_id', 'store_category', 'google_category', 'url', 'name', 'description_short', 'image', 'price', 'condition', 'product_weight', 'upc', 'ean', 'jan', 'isbn', 'availability', 'manufacturer', 'gtin', 'mpn', 'identifier_exists');

This gives a feed that looks correct in csv, but in Excel I can see that the <p>description_short</p> is NOT filling the correct column. The only thing in the correct column is <p>.

id    product_type    google_product_category    link    title    description    image_link    price    condition    shipping_weight    upc    ean    jan    isbn    availability    brand    gtin    mpn    identifier_exists
2    Advertising    Home & Garden > Kitchen & Dining > Tableware > Drinkware > Mugs    https://dirtybutterestates.com/1957-coca-cola-route-salesman-s-mug-mn.html    1957 COCA-COLA Route Salesman's MUG MN    <p>
    Heavy white mug with a red band around the sides, depicting the salesman&#39;s red, white, and mustard gold 50&#39;s Chevy with the Coca-Cola trademark on the door panels.</p>
    https://dirtybutterestates.com/images/source/cokesalesmanmug042005xxx1.jpg    4.875    used    2.000                    in stock    Houston Harvest            FALSE

Is there some delimiter or such that I need to add to CC code to get this to work? It seemed so simple :(

description_shortscreenshot.thumb.jpg.b6

Edited by Dirty Butter
added screenshot