Stock and comment box

johnboy2015

Hi there friends 

I have opened a new online shop up and wanted to know if i do a drop down list with what items i have got when someone buys it will it take it off the list or do i have to do it my self also is there any plugin that allows customers to leave a message when they place a order as well thanks

Welcome johnboy2015! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

"if i do a drop down list with what items i have got when someone buys it will it take it off the list or do i have to do it my self"

You will need to create a mod to show this drop-down list. The mod will make a query for all products that are available for purchase according to criteria you can set. The resulting list can be used to populate the drop-down selector.

You might also take advantage of the Latest Products grid listing to show all products.

"customers to leave a message when they place a order"

At checkout, there is a box provided for the customer to leave comments.

I see. You have product "options", one option which is named 'metal'.

The option 'metal' has several choices (expressed as phrases).

The solution is to use CubeCart's Options Matrix. When assigning these option values to the product, there is a checkbox that includes this value in an Options Matrix table. In the Options Matrix table, you can set a stock level for each entry. If an item with that option value is sold, its stock level decreases accordingly

Unfortunately, CubeCart does not "filter" the list of option values shown to the customer. CubeCart will check during the construction of the checkout screens for stock availability. Any product with that option's value not available will be flagged and the customer so advised.

This mod at least attempts to inform the customer at the time the option is selected whether that option's value is available.

Ok, I rewrote it for Foundation.

Technically, the PHP code worked in CC6 just as well as CC5. It was the skin difference, mainly the different javascript libraries between Kurouto and Foundation.

Let me polish it up a bit more and I will put it on CubeCartForums.org.

Just to let you know, I have this finished.

But in testing this Instant Product Option Stock Check (see this Github discussion), I've come across a bug.

It may be caused by residual records existing in the CubeCart_option_matrix table that have not been deleted, which were added from previous (w/bugs) versions of CubeCart.

For example, I have five records having the same product_id, options_identifier, and cached_name, but have different combinations of: stock_level, use_stock, product_code, and image. From the matrix_id, I can tell these records were added through various versions of CC5212-CC602.

So, I am seeing the Edit Product, Options tab, Matrix Table showing one set of stock_levels, but other places in the codebase showing a different set of stock levels.

As soon as I get this sorted, it will be ready.

I would be interested in your opinions.

But testing on a database where the products have never had options is something I can do very easily.

(What I would like is for someone to corroborate the multiplicity of CubeCart_option_matrix records.)

If this is the history of CC6, hopefully the "screwup" can be fixed programmatically.

As I discuss in this Github Issue, until this mess does get rectified, there will persistently be bad data being displayed.

On the hand, perhaps only until the admin updates anything on the Edit Product screen for that product. Then all sets of duplicate records will update to be the same - even, I suppose, when CubeCart manages the stock in Order::Processing.

Anyway, I still strongly suggest a script be developed to test for and delete these residual duplicate records.