[Resolved] Reader View

FireFox has started providing a way to use Reader View, and my Kindle of course has this capability. What would have to be done to the code for the Product Description so it would show up in Reader View? My Documents already show in Reader View.

Edited by Dirty Butter

• 4 weeks later...

"Any ideas on Reader View?"

Not from me. I did a cursory glance at search hits on "Reader View", mostly "announcements", but I found nothing that explained how to code a web page so that Reader View would work.

So, until Google starts penalizing SERPs for not being "Reader View Ready" (like "Mobile Ready"), I'm not going to give it any more thought. And maybe not even then.

Foundation Forum had nothing. So I asked on the Windows 10 forum, since the new Edge also has a Reader View, and it looks like I got a valid answer:

https://mathiasbynens.be/notes/safari-reader

Our plush catalog descriptions are likely not long enough, nor in paragraphs. The Estates descriptions are usually several paragraphs long, and they DO show with Reader View. I'm going to change my style of writing the toy descriptions to see if I can trigger this view. If I'm successful, then if it ever does become an SEO issue, I'll be ahead of the game for at least the newer listings.

When I made the description length go over 100 it worked.

Edited by Dirty Butter