[Resolved] Products page cannot be accessed

Vertigo

Hi There,

This is Marco from Germany, so excuse my English... ;-)

I took over the cubecart webshop of Blaze Bayley (www.blazebayley.net) and now have an issue which I cannot solve so far.

There was a new item added, and it is also shown in the shop. But when you try to open the item in the shop you'll get a blank page. All other items still work.

Furthermore you cannot open the products page in the admin panel. There always be a blank page too.

This happened a few days ago, no changes were done in the past few weeks. I updated the shop to v6.0.6 today and hope it may help, but it don't work out though.

As I am not very skilled in this, can anyone please help me out?

Thanks in advance, Marco

Currently, the Shop is offline. (And the site took a long time to deliver that page, by the way.)

Please find your hosting account's PHP error_log. We should be able to discover what is crashing PHP.

Also, look in admin, Error Log, System Error Log tab. We find what syntax error in the template may be causing PHP to crash.

Hi There! Thanks for the quick answer. The shop is back online if that will help.

I looked at the logs in the admin panel, there are none... Maybe they were cleared when I updated the software?

And where can I find the logs of the hoster? It's hostpapa from UK...

Well, other than the Keyring showing in the Latest Products and adding that product to the cart, any other page that wants to list the Keyring causes a 500 Internal Server Error. Meaning, PHP crashed.

At Hostpapa, they probably gave you a means to manage and configure your hosting space, make databases, etc. It is in this control panel where you will find (most likely) the PHP error log.

Yes the Keyring is the problem. attached is an error log from the webshop I found on the server. It says something about "out of memory". Maybe this could help?

I also made a database backup before updating to v6.0.6. This backup is about 134mb, the one before just has about 10mb...

Edited by Vertigo

Ok, I have a copy of the file. You can edit the above post and delete the file.

Please look in the folder /images/source/ and find every image that is larger than 50KB. Probably, these images are also absurdly large in pixel size.

For example, Keycord.jpg is 343KB and 1536x1536 pixels. PHP is running out of memory trying to create specific sized variants of these images.

Take Keycord.jpg and reduce it's pixel size to (at most) 900x900 pixels.

Your hosting account has allocated 32MB to PHP (huge not!), yet, it's running out of memory.

Although, I do not see other errors that mention running out of memory, so this image may be the only offender.

Your hosting account has allocated 32MB to PHP (huge!), yet, it's running out of memory.

Although, I do not see other errors that mention running out of memory, so this image may be the only offender.

32 MB certainly isnt huge - it is about as small amount of memory that any shared hosting company would ever allocate - our servers are set far higher.