Documents 404

CoderJim

I am not sure if this is a skin error (lingerie skin), the admin or me but when I create a new document (dashboard/documents) it 404's. Strange, I created a new one this morning, 'Care' and it went fine and opens, then moving on I created 'Size Charts' exactly the same way, and it 404's. I have double checked everything in the 'doc write', it looks the same, I always do a fresh reload, I re-booted the admin, saved at each stage and now I am at a loss and could use some help, thanks. CC 6.0.7

Hmm. /store/contact-us.html works, so having a dash in the URL isn't the problem. /store/size-charts.html does not.

Please look directly at the database table CubeCart_seo_urls and find the path size-charts. Note the path says size-charts, but the name of the document is "Size Chart" - without the 's'. Not that this should make a difference.

Please examine this code patch and see if it applies to your installation.

Whatever behaviors you experience in the admin, the storefront skin has nothing to do with it.

I have the URL defined in the admin/doc/general and to me, the shown name does not matter. I have to admit I don't know how to view the database, though I do see it listed in the admin/advanced/maint.../database. I really have no idea how to see the data, please advise. I am having the same problem with the Privacy doc as well.

http://www.satique.com/store/size-charts.html

In looking at the patch, it might, should I upgrade to 6.0.8? What is going to happen to all the work we've been doing if I do that? Of course I have copies of all the relevant files but looking for easy here...

Thanks

Lingerie Skin

Just make the edit to the file as shown in the patch.

In your hosting account's control panel (cPanel?), there will be a tool to let you examine the database. Typically, that tool is phpMyAdmin.

I can't give detailed instructions on how to use it, but it is very straightforward on how you look at the contents of tables.

This is what the page says now, not sure if this is to 'be' changed or already 'is' as I am not sure how to interpret the code patch you referenced so here it is...

$GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['documents']['document_create'], null, currentPage(array('doc_id'), array('action' => 'add')));

I was able to look at the DB Table contents and the two documents size-charts.html and privacy.html are not listed. Okay, how can I fix that please?

cPanel

CubeCart_seo_urls

In the display of the code patch, the line in green is what the statement needs to be. So, if your statement already is coded that way, then that's good.

On the other hand, not having the seo path in the database is not good.

In CubeCart's admin, Error Log, see if there is a report about not being able to INSERT a record in the CubeCart_seo_urls table.

The table will only have size-charts, not the .html part.

You can also try to fix this by editing the Size Chart document, on the Search Engines tab enter a specific phrase for "Custom SEO URL Path" different than what is there already, if anything.

Okay, error log, nada. Tried forcing by path in the SEO path to http-/www-satique-com/store/size-charts, the system put the hyphens in. I tried it both ways, with/wo .html

I have attached a screen grab of the DB file, not sure what else to do as the 'care' doc I created before this one is in the DB and does show when clicked from the link, the two new ones are not. I have been saving six ways to Sunday just to cover that base along with always reloading the store/browser as well as reboot of store to double check.

seo-db.thumb.jpg.636c4d1f3e0c9073faebd21

Okay then, I don't have the skill set to tackle a trace so I will just do it the easy way and since the CC creates an actual link, TG, I will just create suitable HTML docs and open them in a new window w/JS 'back to previous' and move on. See new temp page from lower link.

I will say that the admin does seem to respond to the doc's path if you change it around a bit, it just does not create a document there. I also am not sure if this has to do with a skin error or CC, but I suspect the skin somehow.

Thanks for taking so much of your time.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably if you can find it, but I just changed the file name of the size doc. If you don't need sizes at all then its worth the effort to eliminate it or change its color to hide it. Use the 'popup menu/Inspect Element' feature in Firefox for possible location.

It helps here if you note the skin in your posts.