[Resolved] Order emails sent to customer but not to admin

Matzy

Hi,

Recently our system stopped sending order notification emails to the defined admin addresses but it still sends out an order confirmation to the customer so emails are working. 

We are using the latest version of Cubecart 6 without any modifications to the code (I did modify the mailer.class.php file as per the instructions in another post)

We have tried with both phpmailer and SMTP settings, same result with either configuration.

Any help would be deeply appreciated as we have to reply on the paypal emails at the moment to know when we have an order.

Welcome Matzy! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

If by modifying the mailer.class.php file as described in another post, you were hoping to learn of any errors the Mailer's diagnostics capabilities was posting to the error_log file, then please let us know if you have located the correct error_log. Your hosted account's control panel may have PHP's error_log located outside of CubeCart's folders.

The Mail settings apply to ALL emails being sent. There is no one setting for customers and another setting for admins.

Good morning bsmither

The error_log is stored in the root of the site, it did show the email being sent but only to the customer and no notification to admin, however, two admins did have the same email address so I change this so all three admins on the site used different addresses and it now seems to be working. All very strange as it just stopped working recently (not sure how long ago as I've only just been told about the problem)

I will keep my eye on things for now and try to see what happens with a real customer order instead of the tests i've been doing.

Thank you for the very fast response anyway

The process to send an email to admins involves gathering the store's general email address and then every status-enabled admin's email address that has "receive notifications" switched on.

Then duplicates are removed. But there will be at least one email address remaining in that list.

So, that is an interesting situation to explore.

The type of problem you are reporting usually happens on certain servers if you dont send Authenticated emails so we always suggest using SMTP (with SSL if you have your own SSL installed) and ensuring that you have the correct account details and Authentication set to yes.  With those settings, we have never seen further problems with emails

Ian