PayPal error?

Paleo

The "Table does not exist" messages have been discussed here.

Just to summarize the PayPal issue, the final Request has:

NAME2 = Postage: All In One Shipping
AMT2 = 3.00
QTY2 = 1

NAME1 = Orange and Honey Bar
AMT1 = 8.00
QTY1 = 1

NAME0 = Coconut Castile Soap (Original)
AMT0 = 4.00
QTY0 = 2

[Total] AMT = 19.00

PAYMENTREQUEST_0_ITEMAMT=15.00

Which means, somewhere in the PayPal Pro code, the PAYMENTREQUEST_0_ITEMAMT is not getting added up correctly. Only one of each item is getting summed.

Or (more likely), PayPal is not multiplying by the quantity. Or, PayPal expects AMT to be from 'total_price' and not 'total_price_each'.

Someone more familiar with the inner workings of PayPal will have to answer that.

Looks like the issue is I don't have a Pro account on PayPal.

Years ago, paypal was completely integrated and merchant accounts could process card payments no problem.

Paypal now wants $30 a month to do that...

Thanks, but no thanks, paypal. I'm just going to remove the option to pay with a card, and stick with standard checkout.

• 2 weeks later...

It may just be that the OP didn't have an account: I'm using PayPal Pro (with an account) and it appears to be working fine (tested with the sandbox for now) - payment requests with items in quantities over 1 seem to be passing the correct total.

PayPal request and response:

Request Sent - https://api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp
PAYMENTACTION=Authorization&IPADDRESS=127.0.0.1&RETURNFMFDETAILS=1&INVNUM=151229-120223-1173&AMT=107.09&ITEMAMT=107.09&CREDITCARDTYPE=Visa&ACCT=<redacted>
Response received
TIMESTAMP=2015%2d12%2d29T20%3a02%3a19Z&CORRELATIONID=h13201mar6910&ACK=Success&VERSION=112&BUILD=18308778&AMT=107%2e09&CURRENCYCODE=USD&AVSCODE=X&CVV2MATCH=M&TRANSACTIONID=1BV93017BF5915211

Also see attached cart image.

Still worth investigating, but I don't think there is an issue.

cc_paypal_cart.png