Enquire button?

jckm2000

Hi Folks,

I'm kinda new to CubeCart so please gimme some slack! :)

I've just installed v6 on a website I'm developing. I sell reclaimed/upcycled one off items of furnature. Some of my items are for sale in a physical shop space and I therefore don't want to have a 'Buy it Now' link for online purchase (in case the item has already sold elsewhere) but rather an 'Enquire Now' link

Is this possible? If so, how?

I have a bit of HTML and CSS knowledge but not a great deal......

Cheers,

Jon

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply. I tried that but then the trail goes dead (for a potential customer) in that there's no 'enquire about this item' link.....

Some items will be available to purchase others 'enquire'. I have also tried to uncheck 'Available to Purchase' in products/general but the item still enters into the basket.

Cheers,

Jon

Edited by jckm2000

It is simple to add a link or button either within the description or via the skin template files with a link through to a contact form.

However, that option puts the whole store into catalog mode so if you want to sell some products you can't use that.  Alternatively you could use stock control and set the stock level for the "enquiry" only products to zero but this isn't a particularly satisfactory solution either - it really needs a custom plugin solution where you can define on a product by product basis if a product is catalog mode only

Ian

"I have also tried to uncheck 'Available to Purchase' in the Edit Product admin page, but the item still enters into the basket."

That's not supposed to happen. We should try to figure out why this is happening on your store.

I just made a test, and a product where it is not enabled "Available to Purchase", on the storefront, Latest Products, it shows an "Unavailable" block instead of an "Add to Cart" block. Also on the Product Details page. (You can test this yourself, too. Go to the CubeCart Demo store. Edit a product and see the results.)

And then, certainly, "Unavailable" can be changed to "Enquire". In admin, Languages, click the edit icon of the language(s) you are using. Choose "Common" from the drop-down selector. Scroll to 'unavailable' and change the phrase to what you need. Save. This change is databased, so it will survive an upgrade.

Hi! Here's my storefront as it is: http://www.townhouse-norwich.co.uk/store/mid-century.html  the chest of drawers is set to stock= 1, available to purchase is unchecked.

To me at least it's still available to add to basket.....

Thanks for the tip in 'languages' , not such a deep, dark PHP hole after all!

I could add an HTML form in the 'Product Information' box to send an enquiry, but where would I put the corresponding PHP script?

Can I somehow get the CubeCart contact form to appear in my Product Information box?

Thanks!

J.

Edited by jckm2000

You might be interested in SemperFiWebServices Ask About a Product Mod. I have it on our Plush Catalog, if you want to see it in action. With a little tweaking that Daren helped me with, it handles different wording for out of stock and in stock, as well as make an offer.