[Resolved] Dynamically select skin with query string, or change skin on specific page load?

My client has been offered the merchandising for a potentially different set of customers, and has asked me if we could create a separate Product page for this merchandise, with a different skin that has the same look and feel as their home web site.

So I can see two possible ways of achieving this; either (i) have a product page that uses a different skin to the rest of the store, or (ii) specify the skin name in a query string, so that we can supply a link that looks like www.mystore.co.uk/theseproducts.html?skin=mynewskin which would then set the skin for that session.

Has anybody developed this functionality? I would prefer option (ii) myself as I think the visual shock of going from one skin to another during the checkout process might put some potential customers off.

Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I've done the usual searches to the best of my ability.

(ii) specify the skin name in a query string

The querystring part would be:
?select_skin=kurouto|green

where kurouto is the skin name and green is a substyle (if substyles exist for that skin).

This also requires that the Store Settings, Features tab, "Allow users to change front-end skin" be enabled. But you can remove the selector from the skin template.