Lag on admin side

keat

When i'm trying to edit products on the admin side, i'm suffering some lag.

For instance, I can open the product, and click on the description tab.

I may even get as far as pasting my additional text, but then the page seems to lag before I can scroll down to the save button.

It lasts for maybe a second or two, but with over 300 products to edit, it's getting tiresome.

Any ideas ??

I have the same problem. Apparently it has something to do with the images loading into memory. The more products you have the longer it takes. Drives me nuts. Depending on what edits you need to make you could do them in the database (OK for prices changes not so good for description changes).

In admin, for any "screen" (the locations listed in the left-side navigation), each screen has several tabs.

CubeCart uses CSS to hide the contents of all tabs except the active tab. So, each tab will populate the form fields that are shown on it whether or not you are actively viewing it.

The Images tab will trigger a javascript function to fetch the list of all images and digital files that could possibly be associated with the product - regardless of your intent to associate only one image. Same for digital files. It takes time for CubeCart to create this list.

Additionally,  there is a bug in CC6 that erroneously fetches a second and third copy of the complete current admin page. (I am trying to convince the programmer's where this is and how to fix it.) This also adds anywhere from three to six seconds before the browser will let you do much of anything to this admin "screen".

With 300 products, you might better solve this by manipulating the database directly. If you create a /images/ folder for each of your categories, then move the respective product's images into each respective category folder, there will be far less enumeration of images needed to fetch.

2 hours ago, bsmither said:

With 300 products, you might better solve this by manipulating the database directly. If you create a /images/ folder for each of your categories, then move the respective product's images into each respective category folder, there will be far less enumeration of images needed to fetch.

I've about 4500 products, and probably about 9000 images, so this would probably take more time to complete than the time wasted waiting for the lag.

Is there a simple way to identify any orphaned images, ie images which are no longer in use.

14 minutes ago, keat said:

Is there a simple way to identify any orphaned images, ie images which are no longer in use.

No there doesn't seem to be. You could query the database to see what images are attached to any out of stock products but again a long process to go through and delete them. A solution is needed as the lag is a real pain.