Customer Loyalty and Rewards Plugin

Kalarah

I am very interested in Noodlemans Customer Loyalty and Rewards Plugin. I am experimenting with the latest version of CC. I do have a couple questions though.

Does it work in conjunction with Category Discounts or does one over-ride the other?

Also, is it possible to make Category Discounts work differently? If it can, it would solve a problem I have. What I would like it to do is if you have say 3 categories do the following:

Catagory 1 = CPU - $100

Catagory 2 = Memory - $50

Catagory 3 = Hard Drive - $75

Set a discount for like $20 on a hard drive ONLY if they choose to buy a CPU. See what I'm meaning here? If not, its no big deal. And also, do you give discounts yourself if when buying more than 1 extension from you? I'm in the US and the cost of the extensions when converted is a bit much. I'm wanting to move away from OpenCart as its a system hog.

Also, I really wish there were more skins for CC. Nearly all of them make CC look like something from years ago and not modern. What would really be nice is if the devs for CC make the next version using Bootstrap for the customer frontend. I could come up some really nice skins if they used bootstrap and doing so would cut down on css files dramatically.

1 hour ago, Kalarah said:

Does it work in conjunction with Category Discounts or does one over-ride the other?

Also, is it possible to make Category Discounts work differently? If it can, it would solve a problem I have. What I would like it to do is if you have say 3 categories do the following:

Catagory 1 = CPU - $100

Catagory 2 = Memory - $50

Catagory 3 = Hard Drive - $75

Set a discount for like $20 on a hard drive ONLY if they choose to buy a CPU. See what I'm meaning here? If not, its no big deal. And also, do you give discounts yourself if when buying more than 1 extension from you? I'm in the US and the cost of the extensions when converted is a bit much. I'm wanting to move away from OpenCart as its a system hog.

Also, I really wish there were more skins for CC. Nearly all of them make CC look like something from years ago and not modern. What would really be nice is if the devs for CC make the next version using Bootstrap for the customer frontend. I could come up some really nice skins if they used bootstrap and doing so would cut down on css files dramatically.

Yes, it does work with the category discounts module. The discounts module adjusts prices, so it's a pre-sale process. The customer rewards module is a post sale module, in that it awards points after the sales process. The points are worth a cash value, and those can be redeemed at checkout. They are redeemed using a modified version of the the voucher/coupon system.

If you want to setup a "linked" product, and offer that at a discounted rate if purchased together then you will want to review the product addons module as this is a feature it offers. I released an updated version of that module a couple days ago which resolves some issues with CubeCart 6.1.4. If you were testing on the earlier release you should swap it out for the newer version.

3 hours ago, Kalarah said:

I agree that many of the available skins look similar and some very old fashioned - I can't see any reason to stop you from using Bootstrap to create a new skin but Foundation can and has been used to create many fantastic looking skins for stores.  We tried something slightly different with our Retail Therapy skin (see the demo at https://www.cubecart-demo.co.uk) and this is already integrated with many of our own and other third party plugins and now we have also an initial release of a skin configuration plugin that we give free to anyone buying our skins.

Ian

On 1/28/2017 at 11:26 AM, Dirty Butter said:

For my own information, could you offer a link to a store that you consider a "modern" look - just leave off the http part so there is not an actual link to it in your comment.? Is Bootstrap Open Source?

Sure...

• demo.opencart.com
  • demostore.x-cart.com
  • demo.cs-cart.com/stores/cd3802a90ffa93d1/

And yes, Bootstrap is opensource.

getbootstrap.com/getting-started/

Also, to help get started using bootstrap for ecommerce, you can start with this:

• startbootstrap.com/template-categories/ecommerce/
  • colorlib.com/wp/free-bootstrap-ecommerce-website-templates

Im not saying that the templates/skins offered here are terrible, I'm just saying that compared to what can be done today, the skins look like something from the html 1.1 days of several years back. Like zencart, outdated. The backend is fine, its the frontend/storefront that needs to be actractive to potential customers. Foundation, IMO, is good to start with because most, not all, of the skins offered to purchase are either priced too high or are no better than what comes with CC. Some are actually built off of Foundation, just things are shifted around. Also, from what I am looking at, nearly everything design wise can be created using one simple CSS file. I created a responsive CSS grid framework a few years ago that's a 10th the size of the grid framework alone used in CC and I'd be happy to give it to you. You can see it on my business site yourpcmd.net and I use it for every site I build.

To edit: I actually have the vanilla skin downloaded and have been pretty much stripping it down to the bare minimum and trying to work my grid into it. So far, the front page is looking nice. But that's only the front page, lots more to go.

Edit 2: I've began incorporating CC templates into Bootstrap since it has the grid framework, pricing tables, carousel, nav and nearly everything else youd need into one single css file.