2 admin logins plus strange search term

deanotune

Hi folks. When I log in now (latest version) it shows 2 logins (See attached pic)  , both admin (I am the only admin) but it also shows 2 different IP's. 

Also was checking the search logs and found this search term      {search_term}     ..... there were other for productsthat folks searched for but this one is a head scratcher. 

Any ideas ? 

log.jpg

Are the Session Start times close together?

Could it be that you first tried to access your admin using admin.php or /admin/index.php? Recent versions of CubeCart will cause a 404 response for that.

But I have no answer for the different IP addresses. On the other hand, I have seen some weird stuff in error_logs I have examined.

10 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Are the Session Start times close together?

No  one is for today and the other is for the 27th Sept 

Could it be that you first tried to access your admin using admin.php or /admin/index.php? Recent versions of CubeCart will cause a 404 response for that.

No log in through the admin control panel login in thing which uses http://www.outbackherbsandspices.com.au/admin_m***7.php (Stars used to block actual address)

But I have no answer for the different IP addresses. On the other hand, I have seen some weird stuff in error_logs I have examined.

Yea got me baffled.

Thanks for the reply. I will fiddle some more and see what I find

Dean

Some of the weird things involved mobiles in some fashion. (I don't do this, so I cannot say for sure) It may be the case that the browser on the mobile device had logged in, did some stuff, etc, while using the data plan.

Then, later, the browser, still having the logged in cookie, but now using Wi-Fi, accessed your site. The IP would be different, but use the same cookie. (Again, just a wild guess.)

It's easy but the process requires direct access to the database.

In CubeCart_sessions, find the record that has the IP address you want gone. Delete the row(s).

Unless someone with that cookie value (session_id) is making page requests, it should disappear eventually anyway - maybe a week?

Hopefully it's not related to this: https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/52932-cubecart-6112-released-critical-security-update/

Please;

1. make sure this store is patched.
  2. change the name of the admin_xxxxxx.php file and reflect the change in the includes/global.inc.php file.
  3. check for any administrator accounts that you don't recognise them and delete them if there are any.
  4. change your administrator password.