"All in one shipping"

CubeCart Bot

"The All in One Shipping module has a Debug setting."
Thanks a lot for your quick reaction! i can find the 'Enable debugging' switch on the site settings/advanced panel, but where to set the 'Very verbose' option?

That would be in the AIOS module's control panel. On the admin Navigation pane, click the Manage Extensions. From the list of extensions shown, click the Edit icon for All in One Shipping.

On the module's administration control panel, General tab, Debugging, select "Debug Enabled (Verbose)".

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

From BSMITHERS October 2021.

"At the check out the packaging shipping weight is not shown in the total weight."

I can concur.

On 10/14/2021 at 3:58 AM, bsmither said:

"At the check out the packaging shipping weight is not shown in the total weight."

I can concur.

In the AIOS shipping class file, the basket details are copied into the class's parameters so that the class can incorporate the total product weight, basket sub-total, and count the number of products (optionally not count digital items).

What will need to happen is for the shipping module to change the basket details adding a calculated - likely a fixed - shipping carton weight to the basket's (total) 'weight'.

What needs to be verified is, how reliable will be this new weight value. If the basket 'weight' is calculated for every page load, then the reliability should be high. But if ever the shipping class is called to recalculate shipping costs where the basket 'weight' already includes a previous shipping weight addition, then there is now two additions.

Or, the shipping class can add a separate shipping weight detail to the basket. That would require a small edit to the checkout template, admin order summary page, and the database. Not needed anywhere else because the customer never sees how the shipping charges are calculated.

And then there needs to be consideration given to how to deal with the possibility that there may be more than one shipping module enabled, each advising the basket of their respective shipping carton weights.

I can raise a GitHub request for this issue.