cPanel Error Log

Claudia

My error log in cPanel is at 2.14MB.  A LOT of PHP warnings are this one about applepay.  Yes I have the current version of PayPal installed.  The log is so huge the edit button does not respond and I cannot clear the log, I can just view it.  Further, I don't know if anything is really harmful or just because of PHP 8. I know you guys have your hands full with this, but this is really annoying.

[30-May-2023 14:35:42 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "applepay" in /home/xxxx/public_html/modules/plugins/paypal_commerce/paypal.class.php on line 425

What is the nature of the error log in cPanel? A text file viewable in a text editor? If so, what does "clear the log" refer to? Do you simply wish to delete the text file? Maybe you cannot edit the file (being so large), but cPanel should be able to delete it. If it is a simple error log file, whatever the code would be that logs messages to it will simply re-create it if it does not already exist.

When you upgraded the PayPal Commerce extension, did you visit the extension's control panel and actually Save the settings - even if no changes were made?

I see a new-ish ApplePay setting that will not become part of the extension's configuration details until the admin control panel is positively saved (and CubeCart's internal cache is cleared). Doing that should then stop PHP complaining about an undefined array key.

Edited by bsmither

It's just the error log in file manager in cPanel, viewed as ASCII text, with very long lines, viewed in a browser. I just click the view button.  In edit, whem I could click it, I would just select all and delete the files, emptying the log. I don't want to delete the whole file.

I thought I saved and cleared the cache when I upgrade the PayPal extension. I'll try again.

I would have a text editor open and ready on your computer.

I would view the cPanel error log, select the last hundred lines (or however many you want), then Copy (using the clipboard), then Paste into the first text editor (so that the selection won't get lost). Then have cPanel delete the error log file. Have cPanel create a new file with the same name (assuming your site isn't so busy that the error log gets recreated right-away), then copy-paste the selection back into the new file. That is, if keeping the selected error messages locally is not something you want to do.

I've gone in PayPal to set it up. Completed the file, downloaded it then placed it in the well-known folder as it said to do then clicked register.  PayPal says it can't verify the file. Tried several times then gave up. By the by, thanks for fixing the Apple Pay issye.  My error log also thanks you.