Order confirmation to customer refused as spam.

cpmac61

Hello

The confirmation Email to a customer is being refused as spam. I sthis a problem with Cubecart or my hoster?

Below is the deamon mail.

_ _ _ _ 

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* ld.ail.dk

Reason: This is the mail system at host paganini09.register.it  Delivery to the following recipient failed: ld.andil.dkThe error returned from the remote server is/was:550 5.7.1 message considered spam Message internal id: Llyfq8515mx63LlyfqefNf The original message is attached below.

Reporting-MTA: dns; paganini09 [172.29.123.72]
Received-From-MTA: dns; private [172.21.25.77]
Arrival-Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 16:47:01 +0200

Final-recipient: rfc822; ld.anail.dk
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 message considered spam

Last-attempt-Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 16:47:02 +0200

_ _ _ _

Thanks for any help

Short answer: no.

Better answer: Everyone involved could claim any piece of email as spam based on objective and/or subjective characteristics.

The notice above is somewhat strange, as the email address hidden within the link looks like a legit address, but the friendly text that is the link does not look like an email address. (But that could be an artifact of pasting the message into the message editor as is - and not pasting the notice into the message editor's code editor (<>).)

Your hosting provider should have (automatically) configured your hosted account's email MX record with all that is necessary to properly identify you as having permission to send email from or through the hosting server. But even if that has been configured (DKIM?), the recipient and recipient's email provider can still create rules that scores emails in ways you will never know about.

Thanks for the replies.

The Email addresses were butchered by me to hide them. 

I think the clients ISP was claiming it as spam. A reply to the client through Thunderbird was rejected.

I did contact my hosting and they replied that they hadn't configured the DKIM, which they have now done. They also gave me the info for setting up the SMTP. I will try to reconfigure Cubecart from php mail to SMTP ssl.

Edited by cpmac61
addition of info