Will Cburst skin be updated to PHP 8? Plus background image question..

Hi.  I have Amzin and Basix skins which Nitefox kindly donated to the Cubecart site.  Both of these are working with the latest version of Cubecart, albeit with a few modifications to the code to suit my own particular needs.

I also have the CBurst skin also provided by Nitefox and wondered if there are any plans to enable this to run in PHP 8?  It is a great looking template and would be a shame let this fall into disuse after it was donated to be used free of charge.

Failing this, is there a straightforward way to introduce a background image to the Amzin or Basix skins.  If there is, am hoping someone will be able to offer detailed instructions into how to achieve this, as sure it will allow people to have better visual impact when building their sites.

Thanks

For the Amzin skin, find the template element.css.php and view the code. Please note that the last lines of code will cause the final HTML sent to the browser to have a reference to the CSS file having specific sub-style styling. The sub-styles are 'default' and three others.

The 'default' file (cubecart.default.css) has nothing in it. The body rule will need to be added. For each of the sub-style CSS files, the first CSS rule is for the body tag. For this rule, one can make this change:

body{
	color:#525252;
}

To:

body{
	background-image: url("/path/to/image.jpg");
}

For each of the sub-styles, a different image can be used for the background.

On 5/28/2024 at 2:34 AM, bsmither said:

For the Amzin skin, find the template element.css.php and view the code. Please note that the last lines of code will cause the final HTML sent to the browser to have a reference to the CSS file having specific sub-style styling. The sub-styles are 'default' and three others.

The 'default' file (cubecart.default.css) has nothing in it. The body rule will need to be added. For each of the sub-style CSS files, the first CSS rule is for the body tag. For this rule, one can make this change:

body{
}

To:

body{
	background-image: url("/path/to/image.jpg");
}

For each of the sub-styles, a different image can be used for the background.

Thanks for that Brian, will give it a try out..

On 5/28/2024 at 11:32 AM, Debyink said:

As Liberty asked:  will Cburst be updated to be comaptible with PHP8 ? I'm still stuck on PHP7.4 but no doubt this will become depreciated in time.

@Debyink The one overriding thing that Cubecart has in its favour beyond all else, is a selection of free (or low cost) skins to change the appearance of the site to suit the users needs.  Whilst addon functions (if ever needed) are always useful, a visually appealing site is always going to be the first thing people see.

Like yourself I still use PHP 7.4 and would like to see cBurst and indeed any of the other skins updated to run on php 8 for future continuity.