Issue Adding new product

admin@batterydoctor.com.au

CC5 Version 5.0.4

I haven`t been able to find this issue as a bug so hopefully someone can solve it.

When i add a new product i go to each tab progressively and fill in the details as i go.

I get to the last tab, choose and upload the image but when i go to either save, or save and reload, it fails to assign the image and category.

I then i have to find the saved product, find and assign the uploaded image , and re-select the category to get it to work.

So i effectively have to add the product twice.

Anyone else? Surely i don`t need to update the cart again to the latest version to solve this do i?

Thanks

Thanks guys,

I`m sure full store upgrades to new releases are a piece of cake to many savvy cubecarters but i find it a headache, particularly with mods involved.

It looks like i am not the only one who has noticed this quirky behaviour when uploading new product.

I can understand bugs must happen with new versions, but uploading new product is a basic important function and i am scratching my head to think it was buggy on CC5.0.4.

Are you using Save&Reload at each tab? If not, that's what I have to do to make it work. But a lot of bugs have been taken care of in 5.0.5. It's definitely worth the time to upgrade, as long as you follow the directions about deleting cache first.

yep i have tried saving at each tab but still have to go back a second time along the way.

Click the image tab last. Same goes if you edit something. No matter what go and make sure the correct image has a star by it before you click save. It happens to me and no one has answers for this issue yet. This and disappearing pages when I'm trying to go through items or orders are just a few of my current pet peeves with the software.

Jamie

Click the image tab last. Same goes if you edit something. No matter what go and make sure the correct image has a star by it before you click save. It happens to me and no one has answers for this issue yet. This and disappearing pages when I'm trying to go through items or orders are just a few of my current pet peeves with the software.

Jamie

i get to images tab, then i "choose file" from my PC to get the image, but then i must press "save" or "save and reload" to upload the image. I don`t have the option to give the image a star . You must already have all your images uploaded to the server?

• 2 weeks later...

Jamie

i get to images tab, then i "choose file" from my PC to get the image, but then i must press "save" or "save and reload" to upload the image. I don`t have the option to give the image a star . You must already have all your images uploaded to the server?

I do have my images on the server and try to remember to add them where I want them before adding a new item but it doesn't really matter. For new items as long as you add the image last it will be fine. When editing an existing item look at the image last just to make sure it is right.

In this case upgrading to 5.0.5 doesn't help in fact I had more problems with it than I did with 5.0.4 so I went back to it. This is a serious bug that needs to be fixed and 5.0.5 sure doesn't fix it.

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tribalshark

I have the newest version and I'm having the same problem quite frequently. In effect, I'm loading up images and products twice. I'm using version 5.0.6 - It's a hugh time waster to have to constantly go back to images tab to see if the image has a check mark to it or has loaded properly. Someone stated that the images should have a star?? What is the difference between a star and a check mark?

Thanks for any help

I have the newest version and I'm having the same problem quite frequently. In effect, I'm loading up images and products twice. I'm using version 5.0.6 - It's a hugh time waster to have to constantly go back to images tab to see if the image has a check mark to it or has loaded properly. Someone stated that the images should have a star?? What is the difference between a star and a check mark?

Thanks for any help

The starred image is the main one that shows up in the search and Latest products image. The check mark ones show up as the small thumbnails to the side on the Product Listing. With a little trial and error you'll discover that the ORDER you upload new images to a particular product determines which one is starred. One of our sites stars the FIRST image I upload and save and then check marks any subsequent images, which makes sense to me. BUT, an upgrade from v4 site puts the star on the LAST image I upload and save. Go figure.

5.0.6 fixed this problem for me. If it is still giving you headaches I'd first try uploading all the files again to make sure there was no file that didn't overwrite the first time and then put in a help ticket.

As for the star and check mark just keep clicking on the image, sometimes i get star first, sometimes check mark first, just click until you get a star (meaning main image) or check mark (meaning optional image) as you want them to be.

5.0.6 fixed a lot of bug issues for me, created a new one but Al & crew got it all straight so several problems down a few more to go.

Jamie

For a similar behavior, I am currently working with Product Options. One would think that by progressively going through the tabs, a complete array of Options would have been created. Not so.

Based on how I see CC5's ACP work, I can surmise that 1) data needs to be inserted into the database, 2) a record_id value returned from that insertion, then 3) a link can be saved with the ancillary data in the respective table.

For example, in Add/Edit a product, there is the Categories tab. But if an appropriate category doesn't exist, one would have to create it first, then reload the Add/Edit screen for the product so that the tab has all available categories listed. The link between products and categories is maintained in category_index.

Another example, in Add/Edit a product, there is the Images tab. But if an appropriate image doesn't exist, one would have to upload it first, then might have to reload the Add/Edit screen for the product so that the tab has a product_id available. The link between products and images is maintained in image_index.

Now, I can also see how all data entered onto each tab should be processed in a well thought out sequence, after the very first necessary action of having or getting a product_id value. MySQL makes available the table's primary key (usually an id) value of a newly created record. This value can then be used to create the links that will associate a product to categories, options, images, translations, etc, each in their respective index table.

Whether CC5.0.6 does this successfully......??