Huge issues with adding new products after upgade

Guest Rhodarunner

Guest Rhodarunner

Last week I updated from an order cubecart version 3 to the newest cubecart 5.0.7. The upgrade appears to be working fine - a few tiny glitches but nothing terrible.

Until I try to add new products. Clicking save or save and reload typically makes all my information dissapear. I have tried all combinations of entering and saving: saving after each tab, entering all the info at once and saving, reloading after every field entered... everything. I would have thought the issue was with the database, however in one out of every 10-15 poundings of the save and/or save and reload buttons, some things randomly save. I tried entering a product name about 5 times before it finally stuck, same with product options, categories, prices etc. I have never gotten an image to stick. I have managed to save a name, a price, and one product option to show for an hour of pounding the mouse.

I have tried editing existing products, and I can make changes on them with no issues, except with images. No changes will save on selecting images for any products. Is this an issue with the database? I am quite the newb and don't want to pay for the license until I can be sure the upgrade is working to save my company $$$ so I don't have support credits.

If I thought this was fixable I would certianly purchase the licence. Anyone out there want to help a girl out? Thanks! :)

Guest Rhodarunner

When I save the tab before moving onto the next section in the listing, it refreshes to the first tab and all my changes are lost. I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with an incompatability with the database when upgrading from version 3 to 5.

If I were to do a clean install, is there any way to upload just the customer list so I don't need to have all my customers register again? I am ok with adding all the products back in, but I really don't want to loose the customer list.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember having this problem ugrading from V4. The fix for me was to put in all the info under every tab then do the picture last and hit save. If I didn't do the picture last no data was saved.

After a few days of this I gave up and started from a fresh install. The database changes are just too different between previous versions and v5 though I know there is a way to make it work. I've been on v5 since August of last year and am currently running 5.0.6 and can say I still have problems with adding new orders or product, heck have trouble changing a pending transaction to processing as well but it comes and goes. One day it all works fine and the next it doesn't. That is what is the most frustrating.

• 3 weeks later...