Blank page on /admin-php

Guest john323232

Guest john323232

Can't see admin panel...cart works well but on access in admin section i can't nothing...

This happen in IE9 and on FIREFOX...

Do you know what version of PHP your host has you on? Al has reported that he is still trying to get the 5.1.2.2 upgrade to work on one particular version.

Al left this comment on

Both stores with this problem run PHP 5.3.14.I am just not able to reproduce the problem on any other PHP version.

I can't answer that. I know you've had trouble for some time. Did you ever submit a support ticket?

I'm on PHP 5.2.17, but I haven't upgraded to 5.1.2.2 yet. It takes me a few days of studying the file differences before I get up the nerve to make the change, plus I have to plan for a block of quiet free time to do it, as I have made quite a few little tweaks and added mods that I don't want to lose.

It's a version of PHP 5.3 that's having whatever trouble Al is working on today that he mentions in that other thread.

PROPERLY configured servers will log all PHP errors to the error_log file in the main store folder. That's the first place to look. If that doesn't work, you can temporarily enable error display in the /classes/debug.class.php file on line 100:

ini_set('display_errors', false);

Set the false to true and upload the file. Then when you visit whatever page is coming back blank, you'll see what it's complaining about. This is what we do all the time to troubleshoot customer sites.

:w00t:

Guest john323232

Ok...my problem is this...Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.it/httpdocs/includes/functions.inc.php on line 263

BUt first of 5.1.2 i have not this problem...this upgrade are inly downgrade and final result is eveytime only sheet...cubecart team must be stupid! because they block at every DOWNGRADE my work and want that i buy a ticket from they. bleah!!!!!

PROPERLY configured servers will log all PHP errors to the error_log file in the main store folder. That's the first place to look. If that doesn't work, you can temporarily enable error display in the /classes/debug.class.php file on line 100:

ini_set('display_errors', false);

Set the false to true and upload the file. Then when you visit whatever page is coming back blank, you'll see what it's complaining about. This is what we do all the time to troubleshoot customer sites.

:w00t:

This is super useful info, thank you so much! I'm adding it to my tip list.

Ok...my problem is this...Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.it/httpdocs/includes/functions.inc.php on line 263

BUt first of 5.1.2 i have not this problem...this upgrade are inly downgrade and final result is eveytime only sheet...cubecart team must be stupid! because they block at every DOWNGRADE my work and want that i buy a ticket from they. bleah!!!!!

John, these guys work really hard on this. I can tell there's a language issue, but there's no place to be calling them stupid!

It's ok. We totally understand your frustration when things don't go smoothly. We do work hard but these issues shouldn't happen in the first place.

5.1.2 although great when working has had issues for some. It's embarrassing for us and incredibly tiresome for you. I am really very sorry. Some kine of new "system" needs to be put in place to make sure upgrades are smoother from now.

The rhetoric has gotten a little heated of late, that's for sure. But as Al has said it's caused by frustration. May I suggest that you create a network of "beta testers" for upgrades with some of these people who have had problems in the past and others who might be willing to try out a new version before going live for everyone? Provide a private feedback area and free support tickets and I imagine you'd get some who would be glad to test for you. I would. There's no way you can possibly test every permutation of setup prior to issuing an upgrade, but that might be a way to find these kinds of problems before the public has to deal with them.

Guest john323232

Ok let's say i admit frustation. But consider my friends smile of this situation and normally i defend the use of cubecart.

So i want max from developer because i want use this good system. I think dirty butter say ok about team for debug first of next release..