Support for older cubecart, where do I go

Guest dacholiday

Guest dacholiday

I have an older version of cubecart, don't know which one because I cant even access my cubecart control panel. I just get a error page when truing to do so.

This is what I get

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/snlfd626/public_html/catalog/includes/sslSwitch.inc.php on line 30

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/snlfd626/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 30

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/snlfd626/public_html/catalog/includes/sslSwitch.inc.php:30) in /home/snlfd626/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 44

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/snlfd626/public_html/catalog/includes/functions.inc.php on line 119

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/snlfd626/public_html/catalog/includes/sslSwitch.inc.php:30) in /home/snlfd626/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 48

My website is also all screwed up as well. www.snlfd.info/catalog

I have no idea where to go for help.  I am not a coder I just do pretty things.

Welcome dacholiday! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Please visit www.cubecartforums.org and search for 'deprecated' in the CubeCart 3 forums. There you will find a few conversations about this problem that shows up when CC3 is run under PHP5.3 -- and a very simple edit to fix it.

Hi dacholiday!

Your store is giving Deprecated: Function eregi() error as your hosting PHP version is 5.x where as CubeCart 3 supports PHP 4.0.

I would recommend you to upgrade to CubeCart 5. You can easily upgrade yourself if you follow instructions listed here: 

Please be advised that upgrading you will keep all your store inventory. e.g. products, categories, orders, site documents etc. You won't however be able to keep your existing store style/design or any modifications that you have made to your stores code.

Do let me know if you need a helping hand in upgrading your store. 

Regards,

Both of the above suggestion are valid. I would recommend that you upgrade to v5 for the sole reason that your current version is no longer developed or supported. Your hosting upgrade this time cause a message on the screen that can be turned off but the message is saying that the functions used in the CubeCart version you have are soon to be disabled totally. This means that with a future release of PHP your store may stop working all together. This may be a while and I don't want to scare you but this alone is a strong reason to upgrade to CubeCart v5. 

Your store is giving Deprecated: Function eregi() error as your hosting PHP version is 5.x where as CubeCart 3 supports PHP 4.0.

Not quite true as eregi() was not officially deprecated until php 5.3.0 although was discouraged from as far back as php 4.1

A few hosting companies are still running php 4.X (which has been unsupported for years and years and has some serious security issues) but many that were still running 5.2.X (of which there are thousands of servers) are upgrading to 5.3.X,  5.4.X or even straight to 5.5.X as while 5.2.X also reached end of life a long time ago, the main driving force is that cPanel are removing support for it from easyApache.

The best solution is to upgrade to V5 as has already been said but it is relatively simple to get around these warning messages for now - eregi isnt slated for removal (which will break CubeCart V3 unless the function is replaced) until php 6.X

Thanks

Ian