Administration Login - Trouble accessing.

cnewell

For the past week and a half I have been unable to log into my account on the first attempt.  Only after multiple tries, sometimes going in on an alternate administrator I set up and then logging off and back on can I get in.  Sometimes I just have to give up and go back an hour or so later.  Sometimes I have to exit out of browser page and re-enter domain.  Nothing makes sense.  Any advice?

And when I submit a "Forgot password"  which I have not.  It does nothing but return me to the login screen.   What's up with that.

Chris

That's supposed to REALLY clear the browser cache - who knows if it really does, but what you describe sounds like a cache problem dealing with the SessionID. When you do get in, turn on Debug in Admin>Store Settings>Advanced. You can add your IP so your customers don't see all the gunk at the bottom of each page.

Then log out and try to login again. Hopefully, you will have some information about what the issue is in the gray box.

I've exhausted my limited ability to help, but someone who can help will probably want to know some things:

What version are you using? Is this a clean install or an upgrade? If it's an upgrade - from what? You said this started about 10 days ago... have you done anything different to your site lately? Have you checked with your host to see if they have made any changes?

"Using Explorer..."

Please don't use Internet Explorer. That may sound quite unreasonable, but IE 9/10 (and possibly 8 after some upgrades have been applied) are known to give no joy when trying to process pages from CubeCart. (These forums focus on CubeCart, so do not think that this problem applies only to CubeCart.)

Please let us know what your experiences are with Firefox or Chrome.