How to determine which customers are subscribed to the newsletter

ngross

CubeCart 5

I need to extract a list of Newsletter Subscribers for an external process I am developing.

I can get these from the newsletter_subscriber table. However looking at the current contents of newsletter_subscriber, I see that it is littered with spam/spurious entries.  A number of entries have customer id values in [customer_id] and a number of entries have a validation value in [validation]. These rows appear to be mutually exclusive.

So, I guess I will be selecting the rows with customer_id values, but how then would I identify valid entries for NON customers?

Unfortunately I'm guessing there is no way to discriminate between the (valid) non customers and the (spurious) non customers entries?

Any ideas?

Neil

Personally I would dump the whole list into Mailchimp and let them clean it up. You can integrate Mailchimp with your newsletter sign up so that it verifies the emails as well. Mailchimp is free for up to 2000 customers and reasonable charges if you have more than that.

Hi

V6 when released will include better management tools for the newsletter subscribers - see https://github.com/cubecart/CubeCart/issues/109

We are also in the final stages of testing our scheduled sending plugin (throttled sending) of newsletters from within CubeCart which removes the need to use 3rd party services like Mailchimp entirely !

Thanks

Ian

• 2 months later...

We are also in the final stages of testing our scheduled sending plugin (throttled sending) of newsletters from within CubeCart which removes the need to use 3rd party services like Mailchimp entirely !

Slightly delayed but our Throttled / Batch Sending of CubeCart Newsletters Plugin has been released today !