The SEO path specified is already in use with another item

vidmarc

I've just deleted our old stock inventory and imported a new comma separated database. When I browse the various sections I'm getting this message:

The following errors were detected:
  • The SEO path specified is already in use with another item. A unique one has been specified for you. Please check and amend if necessary.

and on some individual products:

The SEO path specified is already in use with another item. A unique one has been specified for you. Please check and amend if necessary.

I'm not sure why I'm getting this as there are no duplicate product titles. Any suggestions?

I think this is what is happening:

* The seo_paths are stored in a separate database table (CubeCart_seo_urls).

* Having CubeCart import a catalogue may or may not automatically create seo_paths (I don't recall).

* But as CubeCart is asked to create links to products/documents/categories, a seo_path is created if a path does not already exist for that product_id.

* Each seo_path must be unique.

So, if a catalogue import causes a product to have a newly assigned product_id of (for example) 456, Cubecart will make a seo_path for that product.

However, if the product name used to generate the seo_path results in a path that already exists (see note), you will be warned.

Note: having dumped the existing inventory table does not mean the seo_path table was likewise dumped.

I would suggest you TRUNCATE the CubeCart_seo_urls table, then have CubeCart create a sitemap file. (Again, I don't recall, but...) When CubeCart creates a sitemap, CubeCart may also create all the necessary seo_paths and record them in the now empty CubeCart_seo_urls database table.