Few issues after upgrading to 6.0.6 from CC4

Hi

The upgrade of my store from CC4 to C6.0.6 has just started and I have a few functionality issues that I am hoping you could guide me with:

- my products have several options and I am pretty sure that when I was testing CC6, customers could not add to basket without choosing an option. With the upgrade, this is gone.

- when I update my stock level at product level for each option, the grand total stock of that product does not amend accordingly. It keeps going back to the grand total stock of the upgrade. It is all stuck, looks like it is going into a loop.

- if I check an existing order, I noticed that on the "order summary" page the VAT line is not existant but only visible in the order inventory tab.

This is just a start and I am getting rather worried .... I had quite a few modifications in place with CC4 and it looks like it is all messed up now.

Thanks for your help.

Sandrine

my products have several options and I am pretty sure that when I was testing CC6, customers could not add to basket without choosing an option. With the upgrade, this is gone.

Test this out on the CC demo store. Are you using Foundation or trying to keep your old skin?

"my products have several options and I am pretty sure that when I was testing CC6, customers could not add to basket without choosing an option. With the upgrade, this is gone"

From reviewing CC448's stock database schema, the options_bot, _mid, and _top tables, I do not see a column to indicate if any option is a required option. If that feature existed in your CC4, then perhaps it was a mod.

When experimenting with CC6, if the experiment was with options you added yourself, then perhaps you flagged an option group as being required. It is only when an option is required that CubeCart will defer the customer to the Product Details screen instead of directly adding to the basket.

So, knowing that a stock CC4 cannot indicate required options, the upgrade will then have those options in CC6 as "not required".

"if I check an existing order, I noticed that on the "order summary" page the VAT line is not existent but only visible in the order inventory tab"

I see code in the admin template that shows on the Order Summary, General tab, that if the data controller has found taxes associated with the order, it will display them.

Looking at the data controller, I see nothing wrong in how the tax's Name: Amount is queried.

So, perhaps your CC4 has a VAT mod? I see in CC4's database schema columns in the order_summary table that will hold three sets of (static) tax names/amounts. The other CC4 tables dealing with taxes do not associate with a cart_order_id. I do not know how CC6 updates CC4's order tax info.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Regarding stock options, indeed, I did not tick the "required" box so now all sorted, customer cannot order without choosing an option. Thank you.

However, the stock level is a big issue, the overal stock level is correct but individual stock options levels are hidden somewhere ... cannot see them anywhere. If I click stock matrix, then every option is now an empty cell (and yes I was using Estelle's stock options mod). If I click on use stock level, save and reload, every single options gives me a stock level of zero and the hidden data I refer before is lost, the overall stock level is now zero too.... regarding the VAT, indeed I was also using a mod, so I will query all these with the developer who did the upgrade for me. Thanks for your help again.

Sandrine