Memcached - CubeCart upgrade to 6.0.9 not working

bondimedical

I just upgraded my store to 6.0.9 enabled caching and noticed that the Storefront appeared completely distorted. I then proceeded to the System Error Log and noticed that I have over 2000 messages which say:

[Warning] /home/andromed/public_html/classes/cache/memcached.class.php:219 - Cache data not written (Memcached).

I have disabled the caching and now everything is back to normal. What is the problem with the caching?

Upgrading overwrote any code edits - we know that. But hopefully not the global.inc.php file.

In /classes/cache/memcached.class.php, line 35 (when the class is constructing), there is:

$memcache_servers = isset($glob['memcached_servers']) ? $glob['memcached_servers'] : array(array('127.0.0.1',11211));

So, there may be a method of declaring what memcached servers are available. You may need to contact your hosting provider.

Note the format: an array of arrays. So, add the statement in global.inc.php:

$glob['memcached_servers'] = array(array('host_machine','host_port'));

I don't believe this is a CubeCart issue - nothing has changed in 6.0.9 that would affect Memcached and we have lots of sites on various different servers running using Memcached without any problems.  The statement from your hosting company sounds a little confused unless you have never had Memcached available to you ?

Ian

Some tests show APC as faster than xCache (although I wouldnt take this as gospel as so much is dependent on application, hardware and a host of other factors) but APC hasnt been updated since 2012 and it is no longer supported in php 5.5 and above anyway.  Your best bet is Zend opCache which is now the php standard and is what we have on our servers that are 5.5 and above (actually we have a few that are still 5.3 and due to be upgraded shortly but the rest are now 5.6.X latest).

These are all different to memcached anyway - these are php opcode caches - we use memcached and Zend OpCache together on most servers although on our Magento servers we use Redis and OpCache but CubeCart doesnt support Redis (yet - I have requested that it be added)

Ian