CubeCart not working in Chrome

JackP

Thanks.  I don't use Chrome either, primarily Firefox.  However, I do need to test using Chrome since some 30% of users use Chrome.  I did determine that after you add to cart, and page is started to be rendered, it gets removed.  When on the index page, it still shows it (until you click checkout) but then if you do anything refresh the page, it is removed.  The source shows the same thing after the page is rendered, you can see the cart amount but if you look at the source it is cart is empty.   I also tried on my laptop with the same result.

Chrome issue 2.jpg

When using Chrome (and, sorry, I just recently expunged it from the one laptop that I had it installed on, so I can't test), in its Developer Tools, there should be a Net or Network tab.

Please learn how to watch for what cookies Chrome sends off with a page request. Specifically, the domain of the cookie.

When using an IP address as the host, I recommend the following:

In the file /includes/global.inc.php, make sure these statements are present:

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://127.0.0.1/dev_store';
$glob['standard_url'] = 'http://127.0.0.1/dev_store';
$glob['ssl_url'] = 'https://127.0.0.1/dev_store';
$glob['cookie_domain'] = '127.0.0.1';
$glob['rootRel'] = '/dev_store/';

Replace 127.0.0.1 with the IP address actually being used, and replace dev_store with ~jaxmusic.

Thanks.  I appreciate your response.  Unfortunately, that did not work.    Looking at the cookies, not that this is the problem, you would not know anything that is going on there.  There is only a jquery cookie being sent off and it has the correct information.  This said, I'm not sure why version 6 of software should require a user to debug when no code has been changed (other than normal configuration items) and only looking at what I consider minimal operations.  This is not a beta test. This is the latest release.  I am not an expert at PHP but I was a programmer (mostly .Net, and SQL) before I got in the music business.  Is the assumption is that a user of the software (and someone who hopes to contribute more at some point) knows the ins and outs of LAMP at a fairly detailed level?  I really like this system as it is fast and the admin section is great.  The code is clean but the lack of documentation is a hindrance (no comments, no design spec that I am aware of, object documentation, etc.), especially if it is expected for others to contribute to the project.  I am hoping these issues can be resolved.  I've spent the last four months configuring our products, mostly at night as I have to run the day to day business too.

"There is only a jquery cookie being sent off."

From Chrome? Chrome is only sending the "product_view" cookie?

For any application to remember its session state for any given user, the typical mechanism is using a cookie. The following is the cookie provided by your site that Chrome must send back:
CCS_A7865DF9A9

I believe you confirmed that with Firefox, store operations appear to work normally for you. I can confirm my experience at your store is normal with Firefox.

(CubeCart's only difference in operation is - minimally - dealing with Internet Explorer.)

Yes, i was looking at a different point when I said jquery.  The response seem correct to me in Chrome.  Yes, I have had no problem with Firefox on multiple computers.  Edge (Microsoft) has been fine.  Chrome is giving me the issue from all computers.

cookie.jpg

I am still not liking the domain of the cookie that is arriving in the Response (that which CubeCart sends to your browser). Please edit the global.inc.php file I mentioned earlier, even if it appears that nothing has changed. I want that leading period in front of the IP address to be gone. Forcing the config in global.inc.php is the only way to do it.

I really do not like that there is no Request Cookie (the cookie that the browser sends to Cubecart).

This bug report may shed some light on the situation.

Got it to work that time.  I found that if I just overwrite the file using FTP, the modified code was removed from the global.php.  I did this twice - kind of strange behavior.  In any case, I renamed the one on the server first and then transferred it and that did the trick.  Thank you for your assistance.  Now, would I change that to a domain name when I move the domain over or would it stay the IP address? Jack

1 hour ago, JackP said:

Got it to work that time.  I found that if I just overwrite the file using FTP, the modified code was removed from the global.php.  I did this twice - kind of strange behavior.  In any case, I renamed the one on the server first and then transferred it and that did the trick.  Thank you for your assistance.  Now, would I change that to a domain name when I move the domain over or would it stay the IP address? Jack

FTP can't change the permission of the global.php file. So it looked like you had fixed the issue via ftp, but your change was not being saved. Modifying global.php must be done via cPanel.