Mobile Skin V6

keat

I'm using the Mican skin, which isn't mobile ready, so I also installed the Mobile skin 1.0.

Now i swear that this said it was compatible with V6 when I installed V1.0, but just looking today and it says that it's not compatible with V6.

Does anyone know.

1. If this changed with the 1.0.1 update

2. What the incompatibility is.

It appears to be working OK on my 6.10 cart and seems to have done so since I installed it.

• 5 months later...

I too downloaded the Mobile 1.0.2 extension and although it shows in my listing under store settings, it keeps checking off the disabled box because the front-end is responsive. How do I get it to work with V6 Foundation so anyone who visits my site can use the mobile version on their phones? If I remove he bxslider from my homepage, would it make the mobile extension work?

No. Mentioning that Foundation isn't getting a proper layout on a mobile device means we need to give more time and understanding on how to make it happen.

CubeCart is coded such that any skin shown to the visitor that declares itself "responsive" is assumed to render a layout correctly for small screens based on this fact: the browser being employed by the visitor on their device must answer a question put forth by the CSS @media rules -- How wide is your viewport?

The width is expressed in at least a couple of ways: pixels, ems, maybe others. The CSS @media rules will use this info to enable and disable certain other CSS rules - in the case of Foundation, what is visible/hidden, what floats, what stacks, relative widths, etc.

Assuming the web browser being used can answer and the @media rules can be applied, Foundation will have the browser make a structure and layout that is appropriate for mobile displays, tablet displays, desktop displays, and even (Foundation as used by CubeCart does not do this) 4K displays. (I bought two of these 4K monitors and -- well, wow!!)

Thus, the need for a separate mobile skin is not required and generally not desired.

Looking at the skin Kurouto - this skin does not declare itself as "responsive" and CubeCart will auto-switch to using a skin that declares itself as "mobile". The auto-switch happens based on devices that have a known "User Agent String" for mobiles. But there is a problem. See Issue #1226.

A skin declares its capabilities in the skin's config.xml file.