[Resolved] Need help Language File Edits not being used

I've upgraded to 6.1.0 on a test site and on dirtybutterestates. Everything seems to be working correctly
EXCEPT neither site is paying any attention to any changes to the Language files that I have previously made. I'm getting stock wording, even though I have the edited terms clearly showing in Admin>Languages. I've cleared language cache and browser and even rebooted the computer.

I did open a GitHub issue last night: https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/1310?_pjax=%23js-repo-pjax-container

But then I thought to see if I could replicate it on the CC Demo store. It is working correctly there.

So... any ideas about which file(s) check for databased language wording changes and apply those changes to the definitions.xml stock versions?

Thanks!! Will give that a try.

No such luck - took all plugins off, cleared all cache except images, cleared and rebooted browser.

[26-Oct-2016 09:04:00 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /XXXXX/public_html/dirtybutterestates.com/classes/hookloader.class.php on line 223
[26-Oct-2016 09:04:00 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  implode() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.implode.php'>function.implode.php</a>]: Invalid arguments passed in /XXXXX/public_html/dirtybutterestates.com/classes/hookloader.class.php on line 244

I compared the recent commit from GitHub that I had already put in place successfully with the final changes in the release - NOTHING to explain it.

SO I reverted the one change that could possibly have had something to do with this issue - I had changed to redis instead of memcached in global.includes.inc, since @havenswift-hosting had indicated in a GitHub comment that they had redis installed on their servers. As soon as I put it back on memcached - the problem was SOLVED!

I have answered DB separately on a hosting support ticket but just to clarify - REDIS is not a simple drop in for memcache or any of the other caching mechanisms especially on a shared hosting server.

Firstly, there is a second connection parameters string that really has to be added - @Al Brookbanks is going to add some documentation on using it.  REDIS uses the concept of virtual "database" spaces within memory to hold the cache and if this is not specified then it will use space 0 but so will all other users doing the same thing, which means that clearing cache by any user clears cache for all such users !

However, after saying all the above, if you simply added 

$glob['cache'] = 'redis';

to the global.inc.php file then it will use default server, default port and default database space but should still work so I would suggest that the caching isnt working correctly for your situation or there is some bug somewhere that needs looking at !

I would stick to using memcached for now although due to it not being updated for many years, we will likely be phasing it out in the future in favour of redis

Ian