Unable to login to admin

keat

I'm trying to log in to the admin side of one of my carts, but it's just dropping me at the home page.

I know I have the correct URL, as I confirmed this in global.inc.php.

Amy ideas ?

Edit:

Interesting.

I performed an update to 6.1.5 today, and although global.inc.php would indicate that the url has changed, I can still login using my original url, but not the new one.

If you are able to get to the contents of global.inc.php, then no doubt you will be able to easily compare the values in the file with the actual script and folder name.

The values in the file and script name and folder name MUST match. You won't get much anywhere if they don't.

And if you do get somewhere past the login page, you might be seeing server-level cached pages -- which is inconceivable.

You get shown the storefront 404 page (if the skin in use has a 404 template) or the Homepage (if it doesn't) because the ,htaccess file says to show this if the script cannot be found.

The odd thing is, global.inc.php shows me the name of the admin folder, which is correct.

The name of admin.php however, is incorrect.

Its easy enough to change, but has me wondering what purpose the entry in global.ini.inc plays if I can login using the original admin.php file.

If you did a manual upgrade on a V6 site that already had the admin directory and the admin.php file changed, then you cannot simply upload the whole zip file as that obviously creates a new admin directory and new admin.php file (which are the new versions and you wil still be running the old versions in your renamed file and folder !) You MUST manually upload over the admin_XXXXXX.php and also the admin files and folders into your renamed admin directory !

Ian

I've about 3 test sites on the go at the moment, one that I'm testing a few mods and plugins on, one that i'm using for testing a V3 upgrade and another that I'm using with BSmither, so I'm starting to lose track of which one is which. :w00t:

Although I'm pretty certain the scenario went like this.

The site was on 6.0.12 and had a manual edit to the admin.php url

It was upgraded to 6.1.4 last week, using the upgrade feature in Maintenence, I manually modified the admin.php back to its 6.0.12 url so the office staff could access it.

It was upgraded to 6.1.5 yesterday, and I left the admin.php as per Cubecart had configured, only for some reason it didn't.