cleared cache, now can't access admin

keat

Just cleared the cache, the screen went blank, and now I can't get in to admin.

I just get a white screen.

I got this in error log around the time

[25-Feb-2017 22:36:47 UTC] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxx/public_html/admin/sources/maintenance.index.inc.php on line 850

foreach($index_map[strtolower($index['Table'])] as $column => $key) {

Yes I thought that so restored cubecart.css, but still can't get.

I also restarted MYSql and Apache.

I found this in the logs also not long after.

PHP Notice:  Error: Hook 'category_product_options/hooks/class.cubecart.pre_display_category.php' was not found in /home/cabletie/public_html/classes/hookloader.class.php on line 280

Which I guess is related to one of the mods.

I removed the hook from the database, but still no joy.

I tried to follow @bsandall directions for making edits by using your own GitHub. It was just past me. But maybe you need to look into it - as I understand it, it's supposed to make it possible to easily roll back any edits.

I've tried searching for his post, but not having any luck. Won't help you right now, but might keep this from happening again.

I rolled back the cubecart.css edit, via ftp, and a few edits prior to this also.

I'm back in.

I found this in the database.

[<strong>Exception</strong>]     /home/cabletie/public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:7 - Syntax error in template "file:/home/cabletie/public_html/admin/skins/default/templates/ccpower.php"  on line 7 "{* <div class="powered">eCommerce by <a href="http://www.cubecart.com">CubeCart</a></div> }*" missing or misspelled comment closing tag '*}'

looks like I may have put the *} the wrong way around.

I'm off to bed, I'ts been a long day.

The admin skin edit is wrong and will cause Smarty (the template rendering engine) to crash PHP. So:

{* <-- start of a Smarty template comment
       end of a Smarty template comment --> *}

Problems in admin are rarely!!! caused by bad edits to the classes and never!!! by bad edits to storefront skins.

The following is a Notice and will not cause much, if any, problems:

Error: Hook 'category_product_options/hooks/class.cubecart.pre_display_category.php' was not found

means the extension Category Product Options has not been installed on this store, but is using the database that at one time fed data to a store that did have that extension installed.

The following is a Notice and will not cause much, if any, problems:

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /admin/sources/maintenance.index.inc.php

This is a known issue and will be fixed in CC616. This has to do with the new indicators on the Maintenance screen, Database tab, indicating if any table has missing, wrong, duplicate, or superfluous  indexes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2017 at 3:53 PM, Dirty Butter said:

I tried to follow @bsandall directions for making edits by using your own GitHub. It was just past me. But maybe you need to look into it - as I understand it, it's supposed to make it possible to easily roll back any edits.

I've tried searching for his post, but not having any luck. Won't help you right now, but might keep this from happening again.

You know, I did start writing up a tutorial on this topic a while back, but never got around to posting it. I'll have to dig it up at some point as it can make a world of difference when handling customisations.