403 forbidden

Cpup

Hi,

I'm having trouble accessing the admin panel.

When I try and load up https://mysite/admin_****.php I get 403 forbidden? I've tried from different media i.e. laptop, phone and tablet etc...

Any clues as to how to override this?

Thanks

I think there could be any one of a few issues:

* The .htaccess file has changed and that it now inadvertently blocks access to a folder or file
* The permissions to a folder or file was inadvertently changed
* Your hosting provider has just installed a security application and it is triggering on the random sequence of letters in the admin file or folder names

Try to find the web server's error log (not PHP's error log).

Have you tried asking your hosting company - this support should come from them and they should be able to diagnose a simple problem like this in a few minutes - remember, you get what you pay for with hosting.  Likely to be a permission or mod_security issue - both hosting problems and almost certainly not a CubeCart problem 

@Cpupall hosting companies have problems now and again and all are subject to DDOS attacks on a regular basis - however only the largest should cause any issues and these should be mitigated quickly and definitely not be causing issues several weeks later.  It is extremely unlikely that a DDoS attack would be causing these issues

Sounds like they had a major security leak - a DDoS attack would usually cause problems at the time it was happening, not days or many weeks later.

As I have also said, a DDoS attack is also very unlikely to be causing the issues you are experiencing.  If they havent come back to you yet with an answer then maybe time to look for a new hosting company 😀

@havenswift-hosting
They got back to me in the end. They rolled back the database and it solved the problem. I'm not sure what triggered it or where the problem was, but glad it's sorted.
What do you offer? I was looking to upgrade to VPS so I can install ffmpeg and RTMP for live streaming and be able to use a waveplayer.

Archived