emailing customers with un processed orders.

cqpbert

I find myself in a position where I really need to send an email to about 100 orders/customers about shipping timing. Is there a way to achieve this? All I see right now is newsletter which will only go out to subscribed customers. That could work but I think most will not be subscribed.

I was hoping I could select orders from the list and send send blanket email. But I don't think thats an option.

Or if you have or get the Custom Order Status plugin, that allows you to not only have custom colours for your own custom order statuses but also to send emails to just those people with that status set.

For instance: When I have some of my orders packed ready for shipping I set just those orders to that state and I used the existing 'Order Complete' email template and copied it to the new status empty email template and edited it for the purpose I needed and saved it.

If you use a custom status but do not use any email for that status then leave the email for it blank and no email is sent.

It works great as I can seperate my Domestic ordfers from International ones, see which are still processing, which are ready to ship, part shipped etc

Thanks Deby, I actually do have that plugin but didn't think about using that to get this done. I could create an email called "bulk status" or something. Then change all the status to that and back. this would trigger that email to go to all the current orders.

Man I love cubecart!!

Just remember if you change it back to one of cubecart own statuses (pending , processing etc) then they will get the email for that again, but you can always set a duplicate state such as pending-1, processing-1 etc so you know where you are with your orders.