Resolved - The SEO path specified is already in use with another item.

vit320

"why already exists this address? why this message on my browser?"

I don't see a message that isn't supposed to be there.

"The SEO path specified is already in use with another item."

An SEO path is used to create a friendly URL:

www.domain.com/cat-1/cat-17/cat-23/prod-name.html

When CubeCart is given this path, the database is queried to find the exact product, category, or document that is referred to by that path. If a specified path can refer to more than one product, category, or document, how is CubeCart supposed to know what to show the customer?

"I use my personal seo url and fill seo_url table with my address when i update the entire database."

I don't completely understand this. What sequence of steps do you do to update the entire database with your address?

infact this message appear only one time the second time not.

So i suppose that if you want this message (in my site i say) you must navigate and random (because i don't jnow the cause) cart show it.

the reason because i write my personal table of address is this.

1) first of all i discover that cubecart don't create my sitemap..so i look around and i discover that cubecart create the address of seo url when some user click on this address and not before. This create some problem with previous sitemap sended to google..so i create with a procedure of mine (created by me) and when i update site i update entire Cubecart_SeoUrl table...Google after this retrieve all pages...

However if the address already exixts in table why cubecart show this message? I intend message on title of this post.

For an error message of "path already exists" (or some variant of that), CubeCart is trying to save the path to the database for a particular product, category, or document where this same path already exists for a different product, category, or document.

I do see in "Alternative" that the links are not the friendly kind. But my browser does show the friendly link after being 301 redirected.

(Request-Line)    GET /index.php?_a=product&product_id=277317 HTTP/1.1
(Status-Line)    HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Location    http://www.pcutile.it/hardware/server-tower/pentium/hp-ml110tg7-i3-2120-3-3gz-2gb-250g.html

So either the code that is supposed to create this is broken (or you have an older version of CC5), or you haven't saved your manually created SEO path in the proper location.

• 11 months later...

I'm getting this on my Cubecart V5 store I'm currently setting up with the Vector theme. I'm running the latest version.

What happens is that I randomly get the "SEO path specified is already in use" error, and it makes no sense whatsoever. I've added a line to echo the $path variable in seo.class.php just after the comment "//Check for dup path.

The $path variable in this example contains "omega/omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-2201-50-00 and the page I am on is the about page !!

Something is wrong here, a variable being left set or something.

post-110816-0-01990300-1389875429_thumb.

Hi

A fix for this has been put in place and will be part of 5.2.6 release which is due shortly. If anyone wants to manually fix this before upgrading then they can edit classes/seo.class.php and change the following line (approx line 577)

if ($show_error) {

so instead it reads

if ($show_error && CC_IN_ADMIN) {

Thanks

Ian