Paypal Error Msg during checkout: Security header is not valid

javarco

I have everything set up but I cant seem to get past this error.  I created a registered account and tried purchasing an item but once I click the "Make Payment" button i get the following error in RED:

The following errors were detected:

• Security header is not valid

I am using the Paypal plugin and using the "Website Payments Pro and Express Checkout" option  as opposed to the Paypal payment gateway (which i disabled).  I filled in all fields and tried different cards and tried different options in the paypal plugin but still get the error.  Any ideas on what Im doing wrong here?

Ok I think I resolved that error msg but now I am getting a different one. For some reason it was in "Sandbox" mode and I switched to "Live" mode instead. But now I get the following error:

The following errors were detected:

• This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.

Well looks like ill fish around for an answer to that one now.. Maybe I did something wrong on the configuration?   Man, I dont remeber it being this difficult the first time around.  This upgrade is killing me.  :(

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure, but the following is a change in the code from CC523 to CC524 -- adding the setHTTPVersion to 1.1:

/modules/gateway/PayPal/gateway.class.php
-----------
Line 138:

## Start a request object
    $request    = new Request($url, '/cgi-bin/webscr');
    $request->setSSL();
    $request->setHTTPVersion('1.1');
    $request->setData($params);
    ## Send the request
    $data     = $request->send();

The use of HTTP/1.1 is internal to the code. This change satisfies PayPal's announcement of changes soon to come made back in March(?).

As an aside, CC524 also sees the addition of PayPal's "Bill Me Later" payment option for your customers. It is shown on the PayPal Pro plug-in control panel.

Hi All,

Ian was correct about http 1.1 but it ONLY comes into play for instant payment notifications which is not relevant to this issue. Nothing has changed for the other aspects apart from BillMeLater if enabled which sends across a couple of extra parameters. 

I think this issue is as the error suggests. An invalid configuration. I expect the API credentials are wrong or there is possible a server compatibility issue. I'd recommend sending a support ticket so we can debug this thoroughly and let you know what the problem is.