Moving to a new server

jtresponse

Hi John

It would be very unusual for a hosting company to close down an account for any reason other than non-payment or serious violation of their Acceptable Use Policy but in both cases you (or your client) should have been informed.

Now you have moved, then as long as the domain name hasnt changed (you dont give any details) there should be no problems. What errors or problems are you seeing - not being able to access the control panel could be because the domain has changed and so the licence isnt valid for the new domain name or it could be a host of other problems

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian,

The domain remains the same.

If we go to the admin url, we get immediately redirected to the main website index page.

I've switched one error reporting and no errors are being reported.

We are new to cubecart and initially had a real struggle getting iocube working, but I think that is all working now as the main website is working.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If we go to the admin url, we get immediately redirected to the main website index page.

That sounds more like a .htaccess redirect issue or a problem with the way the hosting is setup / configured

We are new to cubecart and initially had a real struggle getting iocube working, but I think that is all working now as the main website is working.

ioncube should be installed at a server level by your hosting company and not left to users

Nothing to do with .htaccess.

I finally figured it out - I had some of the admin files were missing (must have been an error uploading the files) - it would have been helpful if it had given a 404 rather than just redirecting to index.php

I can now get into the admin panel !

However, it is now telling me that it is CubeCart Lite.

How do I get the licence activated again ?

I have a backup of the files and database from the old server

Thanks

JohnT

Make sure you have the /includes/extra/key.php file. Also, make sure the /includes/global.inc.php file has not changed. Especially the ['license'] value.

Keep a copy of key.php safe, but otherwise, remove it from CubeCart. CubeCart will query the license server and re-create it.

Make sure you have the /includes/extra/key.php file. Also, make sure the /includes/global.inc.php file has not changed. Especially the ['license'] value.

Keep a copy of key.php safe, but otherwise, remove it from CubeCart. CubeCart will query the license server and re-create it.

Hmm....

It seems that I don't have a license value in global.inc.php or a key.php file.

Does that mean we don't have a license ?

I'm pretty sure it was licensed on the other server.

Can someone at cubecart tell us if we have licence and send it to us ?

Thanks

"Does that mean we don't have a license?"

It means the CubeCart installation is not aware of it being licensed.

Your client has the info (If a license was purchased) to log in to the customer account at cp.cubecart.com. There will be listed the licenses purchased.

"Does that mean we don't have a license?"

It means the CubeCart installation is not aware of it being licensed.

Your client has the info (If a license was purchased) to log in to the customer account at cp.cubecart.com. There will be listed the licenses purchased.

I suspect that their previous hosting company arranged it for them, but I'll ask.

Thanks

The previous hosting company may have been an affiliate (reseller), but I somehow doubt that.

The previous hosting company may have CubeCart as an installable package (along with a number of other packages) as a hosting account feature, but otherwise would leave the registration (and license purchase) up to the customer.

Hi Guys,

Hopefully my final question....

We have now bought a licence, but helpfully we did not receive any information on how to install it.

Can someone please tell me how to install the licence keys that we have received ?

We have two - one for the software and one for the copyright removal.

Thanks

JohnT

Hi All, the global.inc.php file in CubeCart v5 is not supposed to contain the software license key. It is stored in the database and can be managed from the "Advanced" tab of the stores general settings. If there is no key set and you exceed the allowance for CubeCart lite it should prompt for a key on admin login.

Well, yes - if you know where to look.

But the link to install your license is easily overlooked due to the over-prominent 'BUY NOW' advert that is right in your face.

It would be very helpful to:

a) have some instructions in the licence email

b ) have some instructions on the licence page on the dashboard in the customer area of the cc website

c) make the add licence link in the admin at least as prominent as the pricing page that it is showing in an iframe.

I Can't say that working with cube cart has been a pleasant experience.

I'm convinced it would have been quicker to write a shopping cart from scratch.

Never before encountered a company that does not disclose an email address or phone number.

Thanks for your feedback. We will add instructions to that email and in other prominent places. 

Sorry about the prominent "Buy Now" link but its important people find that too otherwise there would be no more CubeCart development and we would have to work somewhere else instead of with the wonderful clients we have! :)

I'm sorry you feel like you have had a rough time. We'll do all we can to try and turn that view around.