started from fresh and still cannot view or add a product

keat

Not sure why, but I can't reply to my previous thread.

So today, i deleted everything, including the database and started from fresh.

When i try to view or edit a product, i still get just a spinning barbers pole.

CubeCart Version 6.0.1 PHP Version 5.3.29 MySQL Version 5.5.42 Image folder size 76.52 MB Download folder size 0.00 KB Max. Upload filesize 100M Browser user-agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.115 Safari/537.36 Server Software Apache

I expect either;

- the server is blocking a file loading.

- a file is missing or has bad file permissions.

If you use the inspector tools in your browser I expect you will see server error codes coming from a specific file or more. I've seen this before and its not a scripting error in CubeCart. If you have a support plan we can fix it for you.

Hi

I would agree that the various unusual problems you have been having are almost certainly due to problems with your hosting account.

CubeCart has very little in the way of hard requirements (it takes a little more to host a site well though ) but we seem to be seeing an increasing number of problems caused by hosting related issues

Ian

But you can log in to admin? You can see the graph of yearly sales (an empty graph for now) in the dashboard? Then the javascript has not crashed.

You can get to the list of products (admin, Products)?

Then, when you click the Edit icon of a product, you get most of the Edit Product page (including tabs), but no actual form that shows the product's existing details. Where there should be the product's details, you get the javascript "busy" indicator (CubeCart uses a barberpole).

That indicates to me that javascript has crashed and is not finishing any one of three things:

1. The rich text editor

2. The image filepicker

3. The digital download filepicker.

The first two is also when trying to edit a category, and the first one is also when trying to edit a document and the Offline and Copyright tabs of Store Settings.

This is odd.

At the weekend, I built the site from home and couldn't add or view a product.

Today, I started a fresh at work and got the same result.

Decided to have another play when i got home and I can now view and edit products from my home PC..

Thinking maybe it took some time for the database to build or something, I remote connected to my work PC and get the spinning barber pole.

So I'm confused.

Consider using 'dppx' units, as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), only screen and (min-resolution: 144dpi)
2admin.php:1 Font from origin 'http://fonts.gstatic.com'has been blocked from loading by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://www.testdomain.co.uk' is therefore not allowed access.

Hi

Sounds like you are using a CDN and it isnt configured correctly for external fonts.

If you do a quick lookup on Google https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Font+from+origin+has+been+blocked+from+loading+by+Cross-Origin+Resource+Sharing+policy:+No+%27Access-Control-Allow-Origin%27+header+is+present+on+the+requested+resourcethen there are many explanations of the cause. Without knowing which CDN you are using it is difficult to say what the best solution is but better to soeak to your CDN supplier anyway

Ian

It's running on my own dedicated server, with numerous security features, but how would this explain not working on one PC one day, then working the next ?

As a last ditched attempt to see if i can find a pattern, i'm now rebuilding again from scratch as it's pretty painless, and I've nothing else better to do.

Sorry.

I cant explain why it didn't work from home on Saturday/Sunday, i can only assume something went wrong, and my rebuild today fixed this (on my home PC).

So I was seeing the same issue at work all day today, however after tinkering with our company firewall this evening, it seems that the "Intrusion Provention Service" is blocking something on the edit products page.

I'll do a little more digging over the coming days and see if i can narrow this down to anything in particular.

Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS) is a fully integrated security subscription for all WatchGuard XTM appliances. It works in tandem with the application layer content inspection of the XTM to provide real-time protection against network threats, including spyware, SQL injections, cross-site scripting, and buffer overflows. IPS scans traffic on all major protocols, using continually updated signatures to detect and block all types of threats. And because IPS is integrated with WatchGuard XTM security appliances, you have an easy-to-manage, cost-effective solution without additional hardware to purchase and maintain.