Export catalogue V6.0.2 - no product options ?

sailing123

I am working with a CubeCart user who wants a custom report exporter. One of their requirements is that the options chosen for the item sold be listed in the report.

This is do-able, but will require either a custom exporter, or edits to the report generator code.

It's not an extensive edit, and this is the only way as there are no hooks here to make this additional data show up.

The Sales Report generator can be improved, no doubt, but what one person wants to see improved, another person would want something else improved. Where would it all end?

But you speak of exporting the catalogue. So, in exporting the catalogue, you would like to have some sort of listing in the constructed CSV file that includes the options assigned to the product? What would be a workable format of showing all options available that have been assigned to a product?

Then allow me to express my ponderings: I wonder how this would get reloaded back into a database. I think such an export would be restricted to any activity that does not intend to be re-databased.

It's not an extensive edit, and this is the only way as there are no hooks here to make this additional data show up.

If you ever need a hook that doesnt exist, you can manually add it yourself and use it, then simply request (via an issue) that this hook be added to core - I have never known Al not add one immediately for use in the next version release

Ian

Hi,

Thank you all for your help. To answer to bsmither, it is not a question of reloading into the database. It is a question of purely exporting the data for other business purposes including the very painful exercise of stock take. With several colours combinations and sizes per item, we have to write everything by hand and then open every single product stock page to make sure the Cubecart stock is in line with the physical stock. It is crazy but no choice because Cubecart does not currently provide a decent stock export file with all product options. So I am very glad that this request will be looked into. Thank you.

Sandrine

I have a plugin (derived from a copy of Google Base) that gives common data about the inventory, but also includes the following data points -- for each product's options combination as stored in the Option Matrix Table, there is the phrase that describes the option combo (such as, "Color: Orange, Size: Small"), the stock level for that option combo, and the Product Code for that option combo.

I need someone who will use this when "taking inventory", and provide feedback on what data points are unnecessary, and any data points that need to be added.

Send me a PM with your email address.

• 4 months later...