Security Alert: Possible Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) or browser back button used.

sailing123

Sorry, me again ! I keep getting this message every so often:

"Security Alert: Possible Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) or browser back button used."

Do I need to worry about this or am I doing something wrong here ? I am only amending text in site docs or products in the back end. I did not use any rbowser back button from what I can remember, just the save button.

Thanks

This is a tough nut to crack. The most reasonable situation I have come across that throws this message is when the browser's "user-agent" string changes (or when the IP address, rarely, changes).

I am of the opinion that Chrome wants to update itself (complete with new version numbers) about 17 times a day.

I have also seen some weirdness where an admin will be using four or five completely different browsers (maybe just changing the u-a string to see what would happen) from the same IP address. Based on the evidence of the myriad of u-a strings, I initially thought that the admin was using a mobile device incorporated into their desktop, so as to share the same cookie. But I honestly don't know.