Newsletter Adding Customer Name and Other info

LaughingHorse

Hi!

I'm wondering how I can add the customer's name to the newletter.

So instead of it just starting with a generic  "Dear Customer"

It can start with Dear [customer name] - We just use the customer's first name when we have sent newsletters in the past.

Also, I would like to be able to add the last item they ordered and the date of their last order to the newsletter.

Seeing when they last ordered and what they ordered, may get them to re-order rather than shop somewhere else.

Thanks!

Excellent ideas for your next campaign!

I think there was a discussion about the limitations that the Newsletter feature of CubeCart has. I think that conversation gave some ideas on how to augment the data made available to the Newsletter template.

Edit: Well, it seems not. Maybe it was some other conversation.

But please read these:
https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/50646-export-mailing-list-not-working/
https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/50135-newsletter/

It means copying over the first name, customer id, order number and date shipped to our MailChimp List for Plush Buyers. But with that done each day, it's possible to send a scheduled email with the personalized greeting and information - set to arrive one week later for USA customers and two weeks later for International customers. I do all my subscribe/ unsubscribe and newsletters via MailChimp.