Upgrade Issues since 6.0.7

I have had trouble upgrading since 6.0.7. When I tried to go to 6.0.8 I couldn't get past the first screen where the check is made of installed versions of various types. Submit just refreshed to that screen. I had the same result whether I tried to upgrade via CC Admin or via CPanel. The only way I could upgrade was to physically overwrite files, change the ini.inc.php version number, run the upgrade.sql script in cPanel, and insert a record into the database file history.

The same thing happened again with the upgrade to 6.0.9 today.

6.0.7 is probably about when I started using the ccsecurity plugin, so my admin folder and files have been renamed. Could that possibly be part of my problem??

I'm getting some very puzzling system error log messages (I've kept the code for that Dashboard tab since way back when):

[Notice] /home/butter01/public_html/plushcatalog/XXXX/sources/settings.errorlog.inc.php:61 - Undefined variable: smarty_data

[Notice] /home/butter01/public_html/plushcatalog/classes/user.class.php:926 - Undefined index: customer_id

[Notice] /home/butter01/public_html/plushcatalog/classes/user.class.php:929 - Undefined index: customer_id

[Notice] /home/butter01/public_html/plushcatalog/XXX/sources/products.index.inc.php:1165 - Undefined index: option_matrix

[Notice] /home/butter01/public_html/plushcatalog/XXX/sources/products.index.inc.php:898 - Undefined variable: option_list

Notice] /home/butter01/public_html/plushcatalog/classes/ajax.class.php:46 - Undefined index: function

[Notice] /home/butter01/public_html/plushcatalog/controllers/controller.admin.session.true.inc.php:82 - ob_end_clean() [ref.outcontrol.php]: failed to delete buffer zlib output compression

[Notice] /home/butter01/public_html/plushcatalog/classes/ssl.class.php:38 - Undefined index: _g

[Notice] /home/butter01/public_html/plushcatalog/includes/functions.inc.php:522 - Undefined index: X-Forwarded-For

[Notice] /home/butter01/public_html/plushcatalog/modules/gateway/PayPal/gateway.class.php:247 - Undefined index: pending_reason

There are no php_error log entries. I do not use options or the Option Matrix.

I'm assuming some changes were made in the debug reporting. Maybe I need to turn them back off or get rid of the System Error tab?? Or do you see any notices here that indicate a real issue??

Can anyone suggest where I should look to find out what is keeping me from being able to Upgrade normally??

Edited by Dirty Butter
added more Notices to list

When I upgrade via Cpanel I upload the zip CC file from Cpanel FileManager with 744 permission, extract it, and then load /setup. I get the first screen of the upgrade, but that's as far as it will go - which is the same result I get when I try to upgrade from within CC.

Out of about 700 Notices in about 2 hours' time, only 4 have to do with the buffer message.

dirtybutterestatessetupscreen.jpeg

During setup, the Debug class is instantiated, and $_SESSION is being watched. But there is no code to effect the showing of the debug section.

So, let's try to find why 'Continue' goes back to the first page. In /setup/index.php, at the bottom:

Find:
$GLOBALS['smarty']->display('skin.install.php');

Add after:
$GLOBALS['debug']->status(true);

Try to run Setup and see if the debug section shows. (I haven't tried this.)

The Debug section did show - just didn't report anything other than the usual - no Warnings or Errors.

I renamed the admin file and folder back to what I had and enabled CCSS again and tried the Upgrade with no issue, as long as I used the stock .htaccess file.

##### START CubeCart .htaccess #####

## File Security
<FilesMatch "\.(htaccess)$">
 Order Allow,Deny
 Deny from all
</FilesMatch>

#### Apache directory listing rules ####
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html
IndexIgnore *

#### Rewrite rules for SEO functionality ####
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

#
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
#
# REDIRECT /folder/index.php to /folder/
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /([^/]+/)*index\.php\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^(([^/]+/)*)index\.php$ https://dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog/$1 [R=301,L]
#

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.(([a-z0-9_]+\.)?dirtybutter\.com)$ [NC]
RewriteRule .? https://%1%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]

RewriteBase /plushcatalog/

######## START v4 SEO URL BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY ########
  RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (.*)$
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteRule cat_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?(.*)$ index.php?_a=category&cat_id=$1&%1 [NC]

# RewriteRule prod_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=product&product_id=$1&%1 [NC]
###BSMITHER VERSION TO FIX GOOGLE WARNINGS
RewriteRule p(rod)?_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=product&product_id=$2&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule info_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=document&doc_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule tell_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=product&product_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule _saleItems(\.[a-z]+)?(\?.*)?$ index.php?_a=saleitems&%1 [NC,L]

###BSMITHER ADDED TO FIX C3 EXTRA IMAGES URLS
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^productId=([0-9]+)$
RewriteRule /extra/prodImages\.php$ index.php?_a=product&product_id=%1 [NC]
  ######## END v4 SEO URL BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY ########

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico
  RewriteRule ^(.*)\.html?$ index.php?seo_path=$1 [L,QSA]
</IfModule>

## Default store 404 page
ErrorDocument 404 /plushcatalog/index.php

##### END CubeCart .htaccess #####

We would have looked at the _SESSION array.

This:
# REDIRECT /folder/index.php to /folder/
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /([^/]+/)*index\.php\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^(([^/]+/)*)index\.php$ https://dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog/$1 [R=301,L]

or this:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.(([a-z0-9_]+\.)?dirtybutter\.com)$ [NC]
RewriteRule .? https://%1%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]

At first glance, the first set of directives might be interfering (part of the CCSS?)

I have no idea what the second set is doing.