Upgrade to 6.0.9 - open_basedir restriction in effect

brassman

Hi Everyone

I just updated to 6.0.9 - all good apart from some  code appearing at the top of every screen (admin and live site).

A quick investigation suggests that this is security related which is a bit of a worry. Can anyone advise me what to do?

Many thanks

Brassman

The errors are below:

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/lib/php/memcached.class.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/usr/local/apache/htdocs) in /home/sitename/public_html/classes/autoloader.class.php on line 89

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/lib/php/memcached.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/usr/local/apache/htdocs) in /home/sitename/public_html/classes/autoloader.class.php on line 92

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/lib/php/memcache.class.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/usr/local/apache/htdocs) in /home/sitename/public_html/classes/autoloader.class.php on line 89

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/lib/php/Memcache.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/usr/local/apache/htdocs) in /home/sitename/public_html/classes/autoloader.class.php on line 92

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 11:16 PM, Dirty Butter said:

Were you using Memcache in your previous version? What did you upgrade from? Please provide your site url.

I was not using memcache previously on CC6.0.5, and upgraded from this version to 6.0.10 in one go using the standard install. My store is pretty vanilla with no customisations, tweaks or additions. Out of the Box.

Have checked global.inc.php for CC6.0.10 and it says

$glob['cache']   = 'file'; // Cache in use can be (apc, file, memcache, memcached, xcache)

so it looks like file is the default cache mode in CC6.0.10

Edited by brassman
discovered default cache mode

The following seems to be the paths that are allowed:

open_basedir restriction in effect
File(/usr/lib/php/memcached.class.php)
is not within the allowed path(s):
/home/
/usr/lib/php
/usr/local/lib/php
/tmp
/usr/local/apache/htdocs

But /usr/lib/php is in the list, so I do not understand. memcached.class.php isn't there anyway. However, the Autoloader is wanting to incorporate CubeCart's /classes/ folder with the existing PHP 'path' string.

From a search on the internet: Modify the open_basedir settings in your hosting account and set them to none. Find the open_basedir setting given under 'PHP Settings' area of your Plesk/cPanel. Set it to 'none' from the dropdown given there.

You may need to notify your hosting provider.